how do i remove linux? :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmay

Journeyman
hi every 1
i have a HD of 10 GB and made 2 partitions
i 've allocated 4.5 GB to linux (mandrake 9.1.4) and WIN ME on the other partition.
now due to lack of space i need to uninstall linux and allocate entire 10 Gb to windows
also the boot loder is LILO.
how do i do it?
pl F1...
manmay

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
hmm.. simply using tools like partition magic conver that spce to fat and also use windows using a boot disk.. I am not sure if it works on winME..

You have simply rewriet the MBR.. u can do that also with repair or win ME .. :)

totalnut2001

Right off the assembly line
Yes simply issue fdisk /mbr to remove lilo.

Then simply delete the Partition and make a fat partition using Partition Magic or something.

U could also use fdisk but be careful when u use it and dont end up loosing ur data.

techie_it

Broken In
yoo..
i had the same problem..couple of years ago....i just deleted..the partition....i had done that by using Computer Management.(in WIN Xp) and then just removed the part..
u could use S/W like Partition Magic..think..latest ver is some 8. no idea...
do check out..
*www.powerquest.com

Keep :D

G

oh! it's simple one.
>at the linux prompt u should logged as a root user and type the following n press Enter it simply removes a lilo boot loader.
#lilo -u /[hdan|..hddn] n is corresponding partition no.
reboots the machine it directly goes to windows without asking.
>To recreate the EXT3|2 partition to fat put the linux bootable to cd drive start the same installation process give it to OK for all at the partitioning stage select "diskdruid" and select the respective partition & to format as FAT32 & give lable.U can get the Partition again.

[this is also one of the method. Best u should try PartitionMagic 8 it is a best megician recomended by Microsoft]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom