how do i find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

I am workin in FC4 and am behind university firewall. I download some stuffs from online file hosting like rapidshare... but when i download i find that someone else from the same IP (my univ) itself are downloading some other file or watever... how do i know who is downloading? i can see only the ip which is obtained when we see thro whatismyip.com... is there any way for me to know the internal ip? like 192.168.1.40 or so??? i dont think this is hacking... if its pls mention and i ll delete this post.

/legolas

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
yes, i obtain an automatically assigned DHCP address.... but almost all the systems have static assigned IP... but both ways it works.. so i am not sure the person who is downloading whethjer he has automatic or static... it is 99% static... but what is ur soln for both ways?

/legolas

digen

Youngling
As I see it your university has a single static public IP or a pool of static public ip's serving clients from within the LAN with either Static NAT or Dynamic NAT.

If that being the case I dont find how you can find out which client is accessing what content(in this case rapidshare for you) unless you are situated in between the Network layer sniffing packets & segregating them.

Or if there being a proxy configured you could find out the info you want from there too but that is out of scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom