1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

how do i find out?

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by legolas, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legolas

legolas New Member

hi,

I am workin in FC4 and am behind university firewall. I download some stuffs from online file hosting like rapidshare... but when i download i find that someone else from the same IP (my univ) itself are downloading some other file or watever... how do i know who is downloading? i can see only the ip which is obtained when we see thro whatismyip.com... is there any way for me to know the internal ip? like 192.168.1.40 or so??? i dont think this is hacking... if its pls mention and i ll delete this post.

/legolas

2. naveenchandran

naveenchandran New Member

Does your university has Dynamically assigned IP through DHCP Servers?

3. OP
    OP
    legolas

legolas New Member

yes, i obtain an automatically assigned DHCP address.... but almost all the systems have static assigned IP... but both ways it works.. so i am not sure the person who is downloading whethjer he has automatic or static... it is 99% static... but what is ur soln for both ways?

/legolas

4. digen

digen New Member

As I see it your university has a single static public IP or a pool of static public ip's serving clients from within the LAN with either Static NAT or Dynamic NAT.

If that being the case I dont find how you can find out which client is accessing what content(in this case rapidshare for you) unless you are situated in between the Network layer sniffing packets & segregating them.

Or if there being a proxy configured you could find out the info you want from there too but that is out of scope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.