How do I figure out which USB port I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teenbollywood

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

Since most printers, scanners and other peripherals nowadays support USB 2.0, I would like to know how to find out which USB version I have installed in my computer. I had bought my computer on the 7th of February, 2003.

Eagerly awaiting your replies. Thanks for the same. Have a nice day. Bye.

Regards,

TeenBollywood

vysakh

Padawan
it has to be USB 2.0 if your computer was the latest one at that time
mine was purchased in nov 2002 and it has USB 2.0

Tech&ME

Banned
u don't u visit the mobo manufacturer's website and find it out for your self. If u don't have in=built USB 2.0, i.e if u have USB1.1 etc then u can purchase USB2.0 from the market and attach it to your mobo, if your mobo supports that.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
One way to find out is to read the motherboard manual or look it up in the manufacturer's website.

Another way is from Device Manager in Windows. At the bottom of the list, there will be "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". Click the + box and an expanded list of USB controllers will drop down. See if USB 2.0 is included there in the list.

This assumes that you have all the motherboard drivers properly installed. Device Manager shows which drivers are installed and not directly at the hardware itself.

If you tell us the model number of your motherbard, we can also help you find out if you have USB 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom