How do i extract these ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guys .. i downloaded some stuff and ended up with lots of zip like files which need to be extracted .. i dont know which software will extract these files.. i am uploading a screenshot of the folder with those files .. plz help.

*img126.imageshack.us/img126/9781/untitled4tz.jpg

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i have winrar installed and ya its a split archive .. but winrar doesnt support this format i guess.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Open the NFO file (tda, MSInfo Document) in Notepad or Wordpad .. it must have the instructions.
You can associate that extension to always open with notepad only.

Also check .message and .debug file in notepad/wordpad

I think they're HJSplit files .. Check this page for other possible split programs

The .sfv file has CRC check values .. you can use QuickSFV to check if any of the part is missing/damaged.

-----
alibi

mario_pant

In the zone
and is that warez u'r trying to extract..... seems like.... i think you can well remove those names cause they give out filenames so it can be easily downloaded using filemirrors.co...........

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the nfo file is all messed up and without instructions .. any good nfo viewer ?? notepad and wordpad make it look totally messed up :(

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@alib_i
ok i joined the files using HJSPLIT but now i have a single 270 mb file named tda-sg9r and it just shows its type of file as "file" when i right click and see its properties. any idea what file is this and will this get further extracted or something ?? i think it should become a bootable iso or something not sure though.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
It shows the file type as FILE because there in no extension to the file name.
Rename the file to <whatever>.iso or .nrg or .bin and open with a relevant software to see if it works.

Even if you dont rename it ... opening it with relevant software would make it work. If it's actually a zip file, then it would open with WinRAR .. if it's actually a video, it would run in a player, etc
You need to forcefully ask the software to open the file ... try this with different (possible) softwares .. try your luck.
It could be an excutable too .. rename it to .exe to see !

If you still dont know what it is .. you can try using TrID
It's command prompt based utility to compare binary signatures of files to identify what they are.
Try that.

About NFO viewers ... Notepad usually works for me .. Never used anything else.
Sorry cant help you there.
But if you want .. mail me over that nfo file to my.alibi[at]gmail[dot]com .. I'll try whatever I can.

-----
alibi

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i hv winrar installed... cant extract.. probably not supported format..

-SUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom