how do I do file attachments fo this forum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
how do I do file attachments fo this forum ? where is the file attachment option for attaching picture files ??

q3_abhi

Youngling
For pictures, after logging in,click on Profile n then in Avatar Control Panel, u may either upload an Avatar (pic) from ur machine or select from the gallery.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Upload the screenshot to *imageshack.us and the post a link using the foll code:

Code:
[img]*whateverlink.img[/img]

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
how are the posts in the general section , ie the aishwarya one (gr8 1) and the funny pictures topic posting ???

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
upload the image to a image hosting site like image shack and then copy the image's "direct link" and then paste it in the tag to get the full sized ones. But be aware that if the image's dimension is larger than the rai pic, then the mods will edit your post to display only the image's link and not the image itself.

To upload zip or exe files or non-image files, use rapid share to host that file and then post the link here.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ohh this is phpBB dears.. we can't Attach Files/pictures, we are merely posting them. IPB , SMF and vB forums have this file attachment feature by default , which can be turned off by the admistrators.

And you can follow the above instructions to post images :D

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
How ? Hey I still cant post pictures to this forum, however other forums have options like attach file etc... Why does'nt this forum have the same sort of options ???

firewall

In the zone
hi Huzefa,

you can ask the admin of this forum for the "file attachement mod" . but personaly i dont think that it will be entertained as you can see that, this forum is not heavily moded. so your chances of having new mod, are very low.

Though there is no harm in requesting.

:)

drgrudge

Huzefa said:
How ? Hey I still cant post pictures to this forum, however other forums have options like attach file etc... Why does'nt this forum have the same sort of options ???
Use
tags.

Other forums have that because they use a different forum software.. I said that b4, this is phpBB and it has less features than other forum softwares.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Can't the admins program the posting page with a browse button from imageshack and as soon as the upload is complete, u could make the form to automatically get the appropriate link for that image and embed it in the post.
I mean, if that is legal according to imageshack.

drgrudge

Thats' a mod that we can install here.. but as you know there are too many mods installed..

theraven

Technomancer
imageshack syndicates itself for ur website
bu8t it wont add the link directly
ull still ahve to copy paste it from their site after u upload ur image

ipb 1.3 is no longer existing
2.0 is free trial ... but it still says trial at the bottom
2.0x is paid
so are most of the other forum software
smf is a rip from vb ... but free ofcourse ..
but definitely overated ..
ipb offers everything that THIS forum needs ... as an extension of digit the magazine .. i think this forum is more than sufficient ...

as for mods. .. unless its really really useful and needed raaabo will not apply it ...
for eg. the "merge topics", "Report" and "quick reply" mods that we have ...

we moderators have and keep suggesting new mods. .. but in the end its upto the admin

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
So that means that Digit will not pay for the forum so we have to be content with this simple forum and not a professional forum like vB or IPB.

Did DIGIT ran out of money for its customers?

drgrudge

@raven.. SMF may be ripped from vB, man have you used it, it's Admin CP has more options than IPB or phpBB and almost equal to vB. I would say it's the best free forum that we can bet on..

I still prefer vB, we can have ads.. and buy vB. Or atleast IPB 2.0 trail (without restrictions).

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Why can't we assemble ou best minds in the forum and in the course of a few months make and apply all the mods we need? I don't know anything about admin ing phpbb and I am just asking why can't it be done.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
IPB 2.0 Trial will be the BEST for our forum.
It has lots of features.
Look is very nice.
Smilies r too good in comparison with current smilies of our forum.
Good fonts, colors, themes, many options & mods.

I love IPB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom