How do I bump up a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
OK, this may sound as a noob query (of course it is lol).

How do I bump up a thread?

I mean, I see some posts in this forum, people bump the threads within hrs, like same person posts and topics comes on top.

Whenever I add a post (just below my own post) it get auto-merged and I could never make a separate post. I know once somebody else post a reply, we can post again and can bring the topic top in the list. But how to make a post under my own post (separate) ?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

for wat purpose u wanaa do it?? if ppl feel there is a need to post it or wen u hv queries to be solved, then posts will be added in that thread/... as simple and clear as that...

it wud be considered spamming bro..and wat will u bump it for ?? jus to be ahead in the post race or sumthing of that sort ??
----------------
yiekessss...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I think din wants to know how to post reply consecutively.

I think if you make a post via "Quick reply box", it will be made seperate than your earlier post. I maybe wrong.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Oh no ...:(

Seems you misunderstood.

I have no intention to increase post count or spam or anything of that sort. Please believe me, I am not that kinda guy !!! lol

I asked because I was curious. When I post a reply right under my post I see it get auto-merged. But at the same time, I see threads where the same member post (within hrs) under their own replies but which appear as separate posts.

I was wondering howz that possible.

To make it very clear - Educational purpose only :D

@Cool G5

I always use that quick reply box, but same thing happens.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
That depends on the timeout set in the automerge module's settings. Say the timeout is set to 10 days. If you make consecutive posts within 10 days they will be merged. But if the consecutive posts are more than 10 days apart they won't be merged. They would be two separate posts. Get it?

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Mehul, I understand that, but

1. Look at this thread

Here they user posted after several days (actually months), hence no problem. I understand it.

But I saw another thread (oh no, CRS disease :( , I do not remember which thread it was :( ) where the user posted 2 or 3 posts within one hr and all appeared as separate posts.

I know it can be changed in settings, but wondering how it worked for some and why not for some one else.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
^lol... @din, when you saw that other thread, the automerge timeout might have been reduced.. maybe for testing.. but there's no other way i guess.. everytime a post is appended, it gets parsed by the same code..

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
OK, I think I figured out it.

Either they might be testing (as suggested by abhi_10_20) at that time and some posts became separate. Or the thread I saw was very old (converted form the old phpbb forum of ThinkDigit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom