How Can Much I Can Format My PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashisharya

In the zone
How Can Much I Can Format My PC :? bcz I got my pc formatted every WEEK!! :lol: By viruses :x I have to format my PC. Plz tell me how much can I format my pc??

Shall i do you the better option,do have antiviruses then formatting!!
u must have antiviruses rather than wasting time !!! LOL :lol:

swatkat

Technomancer
ashisharya said:
How Can Much I Can Format My PC :? bcz I got my pc formatted every WEEK!! :lol: By viruses :x I have to format my PC. Plz tell me how much can I format my pc??
Prevention is better than cure!!....
There's no problem for Hard Disk if u format it...
it's better u use some antivirus and antispyware/trojan tools,
Check my signature and download and install them....Also do a virus scan for every CD/Floppy before opening/copying it's contents.

tuxfan

Technomancer
ashisharya said:

Every week!! :shock: :shock: There are better alternatives to this man. Install anti-virus, anti-spyware, use Linux, etc. It gives me a sleepness night everytime I have to format my hard disk. I am never sure whether I have taken back-up of all my data. Don't you keep important data on your hard disk?

Tech&ME

Banned
so ashisharya, u have all the time to waste in formating and installing windows in this busy world. Oh God!! You must seriously consider installing antivirus and spyware software, some of the good antivirus softwares are available for free. Checkout Digit January CD for them. above all formatting your harddisk in this manner is not a good habit.

harmax

Journeyman
phew , formattin everyweek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u must have hell of a lot of spare hours with u man!! :lol:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
ash.. don't format it... QuickFormat it...
format/q c: or so.. in MS-DOS prompt
Formatting reduces life.. QF.. doesn't have that mucha affect.

Ashootosh

Broken In
i dont think so he is the only one formatting every week , i m the other one. but i have to format it evey week bcoz of linux ( i dont have any good experiences with the open source), and also i dont think so formatting harms hard disk (might be wrong...... but my first hard disk was formatted several times..... 1999-2004, and even then it functioned OK........... just changed it bcoz i was upgrading my PC and needed 80GB)

theraven

Technomancer
Re: re format

zuhaib said:
u can format uoto 25-30 time if u have samsung disk and in seagate it is comparatively less then that of samsung.
[/quote]

and how may i ask did u come up with that number ?
formatting does not affect the hdd
its a myth
this has been discussed a lot of times
if u do a low level format.. then yeah..that could affect the disk

prasathvishnu

Broken In
Quick format wont affect the hard disk
(I mean format c:/q)
But full format surely affects the disk performance

I read in DIGIT once that
'we should not format hard disk more than once in 3 months'
i m not sure whether it was new DIGIT or old CHIP.

surely, u can format. but that affects the disk performance.
the first thing u can notice is noise in hdd.

u can go for quick format as much as possible.

s/w like partition manager formats the drive just in a second.
very impressive. it wont do any bad that way.

-Vishnu-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom