How can i share Broadband??

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hi

i bought a switch few days back and successfully using it..u just have to change IP address of both PCs in TCP/IP ..like one has ip 192.168.1.2 and another shud have 192.168.1.3 ..rest details remain the same

cheers :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Follow these steps:
1)connect each PC to the swith seperately
2)Enter the Internet cable (coming from ISp) into the switch
3)Than you just need to configure LAn setting of both.
configure your LAn setting as shown in below photo:
*img408.imageshack.us/img408/1573/lanys2.jpg
For 2nd PC just change the IP to 192.168.1.2

3)In DNS setting change as according to ur ISp

Done!!

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
thanks for ur replies,

that settings can be done should i include same DNS Adressess on both LAN card ( i mean in desktop 1 as well as 2 ) ..... but how do i get the DNS address i dont have any manuals from ISP....BTW...
whenever i go to *192.168.1.1/ page doesnt seem to open " cant display webpage" am i doin it right ....
will i get dns address from that page only or should i have to contact the ISP for DNS addresses.

or are Dns address are same as they show in when i type ipconfig/all in command prompt

and is default gateway of modem is same ie 192.168.1.1 as i want to do it in tata indicom connection

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
Tata Indicom... dont know about modem as its not with me right now (doesit make diff?)

dissel said:
If you are using BSNL then there is a manual page in their website.

could u give me the link

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
csczero said:
Tata Indicom... dont know about modem as its not with me right now (doesit make diff?)
could u give me the link

Here is the link for DataOne BB and configuration details of supplied modem by BSNL.
It doesn't work with your Tata Indicom Broad band.
Config Page

uzair

Jumping Jack
Is there any way to connect just two systemss(one client,one server) for playing simple multiplayer games like nfs etc...

Do i need to purchase the switch and stuff....Do indicate the price and tips on using the connection...???

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^^^^no need to make a server and a client.Just configure as stated above.And in DNS setting,set to any thing but sud be same-->>as you are not sharing internet.Now you can play games on LAN.

For two system you don't need to purchase anything.But if you plan to share more than 2 PCs than you need to buy either HUB or SWITCH.

chinmaythakur

Broken In
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^no need to make a server and a client.Just configure as stated above.And in DNS setting,set to any thing but sud be same-->>as you are not sharing internet.Now you can play games on LAN.

For two system you don't need to purchase anything.But if you plan to share more than 2 PCs than you need to buy either HUB or SWITCH.

pls explain me how can i use 2 pcs(1 desktop n 1 laptop) with dataone..i dont need 2 buy ne switch or something?

sivarap

In the zone
csczero said:
thanks for ur replies,

that settings can be done should i include same DNS Adressess on both LAN card ( i mean in desktop 1 as well as 2 ) ..... but how do i get the DNS address i dont have any manuals from ISP....BTW...
whenever i go to *192.168.1.1/ page doesnt seem to open " cant display webpage" am i doin it right ....
will i get dns address from that page only or should i have to contact the ISP for DNS addresses.

or are Dns address are same as they show in when i type ipconfig/all in command prompt

and is default gateway of modem is same ie 192.168.1.1 as i want to do it in tata indicom connection
I configured a wireless router...I can tell u in that perspective.

I gave the DNS and other setting in the Router.

Gave the ip of the router as DNS in the PC.
Hope u get it.

Where do you live? i'll try to get u the DNS ips of TATA INDICOM.

chinmaythakur said:
pls explain me how can i use 2 pcs(1 desktop n 1 laptop) with dataone..i dont need 2 buy ne switch or something?
If you want to use Dataone between 2pcs u can try something like this.

I assume there is alreadya PC connected to ur broadband and works fine.

Now u can try connecting ur laptop to the modem via the USB cable provided. U'll have to use the CD that was given with your modem.or try the link

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/usb03.html

see the usermanual for this. In the place where you give the IP, give a different ip(not the one u use for ur desktop).

Hope you get it .ATB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom