How can I rip DVDs to AVIs

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Well I just wanted to know how can I rip DVD movies to AVI format. My friends have DVD rips in 1 CD which r very good in quality. I also want to make my rips from DVDs which I get on rent.
Can I use EasyDivX or is there any other faster and powerful tool to do so.
Please help!

saROMan

QA Juggler
well the best software is AVI2DVD ...the process is given in this months digit ..and most of all its free..
get it and many other softs Here

try this too

mamba

In the zone
saROMan said:
well the best software is AVI2DVD ...the process is given in this months digit ..and most of all its free..
get it and many other softs Here

try this too

dude hez enquiring bout making those 700mb files . what he needs is some ' dvd 2 avi ' s/w , not avi2dvd ( used it a long time ago , but dont think what u r suggesting is possible )

stalin

Journeyman
I think this link will be useful to you

Check this out.................
*www.dvddecrypter.com/

DVD Decrypter is a free tool that allows you to decrypt and copy DVDs to your PC's hard disk. From there you can watch them with the likes of WinDVD and PowerDVD, you can write them back to DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD+R DL / DVD-RAM media or you can convert them to VCD / SVCD / DivX for burning onto CD-R / CD-RW.

DVD Decrypter can write most types of CD / DVD images via its 'ISO Write' mode, and it supports all the latest writers (including booktype / bitsetting on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, NEC, Plextor, Sony). You can even use DVD Decrypter to erase / format your rewritable media!

stalin

Journeyman
copy the subtitile (*.srt) to the folder where you save the avi file with same name given to the AVI movie. It work in Windows Media Player.

hafees

In the zone
For all ur needs use Gordian Knot Rip Pack. It has everything u need. and the quality is really good. i ve compared the results with Dr. DivX, DVD Ripper and many others. But Gordian Knot clearly wins and the best part is, it is Open source (bundled with other free softwares for all tasks).

get it from *www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/gordian_knot.cfm

Calcatian

Journeyman
expertno.1 said:
the best is to use avi2dvd software

Read b4 u post man :!: He was lookin 4 DVD->AVI not the other way around :!: :lol:

My favs r AutoGK & Dr. DivX; May be I missed it a bit, but hafees plz tell me how to rip incl. sub with GK/AutoGK :!:

expertno.1

Technomancer
oh ! sorry then he must use:

1)DVD to VCD/DVD/SVCD/MPEG converter
2)1Click DVD to Divx Xvid Avi
3)YASA DVD to AVI Converter
4)DVD to VCD SVCD MPEG AVI Converter
5)AOA DVD Ripper - DVD Rip Software, DVD to AVI VCD DIVX XVID WAV Ripper

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

Thx all of u! I'll try all the above methods to make some samples 1st coz my Pc aint that gud :D n it takes a lotta time rippin a whole movie.

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

Thx all of u! I'll try all the above methods to make some samples 1st coz my Pc aint that gud :D n it takes a lotta time rippin a whole movie.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
If all you want is to have copies of the movies that you rent, then get a DVD writer. This will cost you about 4 grand but will be worth it in the long run.
Even I used to convert movies to DivX before I got a DVD writer. The fact is that DivX encoding (especially on a slow PC) is a major headache. An god save you if you're obsessed with quality and enable 2-pass encoding. You have to leave the PC on the whole night to encode a movie.

With a DVD writer you can make direct copies of DVD-5 and slightly compressed copies of DVD-9. In either case the quality is almost perfect (far better than DivX). Plus the encoding (if any) takes very little time.

I know this is not the solution you asked for but it is a lot more practical than DivX encoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom