how can i play a dvd from my harddisk???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi, i recently brought a sony dvd rom drive. i bought a dvd(2fast 2furious &italian job) . i copied the whole dvd on my h.d.d .there were 2 folders one was audio something and other was Video_TS ,the audio folder was empty.when i try to run the .vob files with power dvd or win dvd i can only hear the audio that to is scratchy and cannot see any video display, also there are no menu chosing ,scene selection etc.i have the whole dvd copied as it is on my h.d.d. is there any way i can play it. i have returned the dvd therefore i cannot make a virtual cd or image of it.IS THERE A WAY BY WHICH I CAN CREATE A VIRTUAL DVD BY USING THE FILES ON MY H.D.D ???PLEASE HELP
my config is -2.8h.t,915gav,512ram,80gb h.d.d,winxp proffesnal sp2 installed.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well for doing that you will have to rip the dvd
i guess the dvd's u copied were protected
its called CSS thts why u were getting bad video
so there are certain ways to counter that but
i would not be able to discuss here as its against the rules
you can google for it
:)

go4inet

In the zone
Hi Tango !

I might doubt you have gone wrong ! Let me give you a option of doing the one you want and mostly wht I do ....

Using CDs and DVDs without a drive

Virtual CD copies your CDs and DVDs to the hard drive of your PC or Server using highly efficient data compression techniques. The virtual CDs are then run in virtual CD drives which are automatically set up in Windows and have all the functions and features of physical CD drives.

Advantages of Virtual CD:

* Up to 23 virtual CD/DVD drives
* Up to 23 CDs/DVDs accessible at the same time
* High speed access to an unlimited number of CDs and DVDs
* 1:1 access to CD- or DVD-images stored in a network
CD/DVD data throughput at hard disc speed (200x CD-ROM)
* Accesstime up to 93% faster than a phys. CD-ROM drive
* Concurrent access of several computers to a CD/DVD image

Download : *www.virtualcd-online.com/vcddemoe.exe
More Info : *www.virtualcd-online.com/

Download the applications and you know wht to do next ! So next time please do not copy dvd's as such ! Coz most of them don't work !

This is best application i have seen . Also older version v4.04 can be seen on old Digit CD !

Try tht and tell me if u landup somewhere !

Regards,
Vinay

[Edited Batty] Merged ;)

theraven

Technomancer
what is wrong with u m8 ?
3 posts of the same topic ???
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10631
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10633

and for ur sake i hope that was original DVD's
in that case techno's answer is spot on ...

if they were pirated ... first of all u shouldnt have got an error unless u did somethign wrong while ripping ...
and secondly u wont be able to discuss that either ;)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Again the new comer thing...have noticed the same thing with other members too...specially new ones..they post their replies on 2 to 3 sections together..
Was really so frustrated the last time when i almost spend 5 minutes solving the chaps problem and then when finally submitted the answer; whet to other section to find the same question exactly....Totally Disappointing Experience..

ishaan

Padawan
use dvd decrypter to rip (its legal to make backups of movies u own)

u need to download a dvd-decoder
then u can use windows media player or any dvd-supporting player 2 view the movie

u can use the IFO file also...VIDEO_TS.IFO to view the movie instead of opening each VOB one-by-one and interuppting ur movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom