How can I make a new Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeshan_04

Broken In
Guys, I want to make a forum ?

How can I make it ? What r the steps involved?

Is it very hard?

Please reply soon and thanks

ujjwal

Padawan
Well I think there is another topic of the same here ...

Anyway, you need a free host supporting phpBB like dhost.info ...
Then visit www.phpBB.com, download the software, follow the instructions ...

hard_rock

Salieri Family
No man,it's easy......check out the link
www.dhost.info
www.lycos.co.uk
which support forums.
Or if u wanna just learn how to put up a forum then just download Phpbb (for eg)n if ur using WinXP *PRO* then in add remove components install IIS(Internet Information Service)or on win98 install PWS or Personal Web server from ur OS CD.This feature is not available in WINXP HOME edition.
Then install PHP,mySQL from Digit's june freeware CD to the root i.e, by default x:inetpub/wwwroot/ .then u r ready .follow the documentation or manual of phpBB.If any prob. arise post it here.
OR
if u want to seriously want to have ur own forum on net then upload the downloaded phpBB to ur server n follow the instructions in the manual.I think manual is easy to understand.........still if u have any probs.......post here.

OP
Z

zeeshan_04

Broken In
I signed up at the following site.

www.dhost.info and I have activated my account.

What to do after that ?

They have sent me an e-mail which is as follows:-

Account information:

Url to your site: *dhost.info/zeeshan/ (will be available after first ftp login)
ftp: dhost.info
username:
password:

You must wait 1 day before your ftp account is active!

What's the meaning of this ?

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
U need ftp(file transfer protocol) to upload the files.
But what u are doing is not required .
There is a simpler way to do it.
I have sent u a private message.

saROMan

QA Juggler
hey pple u can help me............i have signed up for a acc at dot.tk
so i hav got the acc......now my prob is i hav uploaded a page there ..but nothing happned ..i rem tat on the home page i had given ..Site under construction......but donn rem wat the page name was..i have renamed my page to index.html..but nothing..wat sud i do tat when i type my Site add it sud give me the page i loaded........

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
There are several hosting facilities available. If you have your own website, then VB is best, otherwise, phpBB, SMF, Vanilla, etc. are all available. If you want to hos it for free, then forumotion, freeforums are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom