How can i add the updates to the Win XP setup cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I want to reinstall my Windows XP Pro(legal) but i don't want to lose all the updates i have done. Is there anyway to add those updates when i reinstall XP without downloading all files again ......

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Your best bet is to go ahead and reinstall Windows and use the Autopatcher XP March edition for all your critical downloads and then download the remaining smaller updates. Which is why I always pretty much download the file direct rather than using the Windows Update service.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
there is tutorial for this in the tutorials section posted by aadipa ... but then again you will have to downlod all updates post sp2 once and then you can integrate them to your xp cd for ever ........ check the tutorials section. autopatcher march is available in this months dvd and maybe we can hope for the april edition next time .... btw autopatcher is kinda cumbersome and sometimes screws up things if you unknowingly install stuff that you dont need.

theraven

Technomancer
i suggest get autopatcher from digit cds/dvds and extract them
the singular update files are there in it
just dun run autopatcher if u dun want to
( i prefer using autopatcher)

TheIlluminati

Right off the assembly line
Download the network install of SP2 from *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
and rename it to XPSP2.exe

Make folder C:\xp
Copy the i386 folder from the XPP SP1 CD to the c:\xp folder
Create a folder c:\sp2
Move xpsp2.exe to c:\sp2
From the Command Prompt, go to c:\SP2
Then run:
xpsp2.exe /integrate:c:\xp [ENTER]

Now run c:\xp\i386\winnt32.exe

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
AutoStreamer is for you... It's Neowin's in-house programs.... works very well... I've used it with my XP MCE CD.

Here's a guide how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom