how a trail version software identify the time duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipshee1234

Broken In
Hi,
After Installing Trail version application software in a system, how it identify the time duration? second , after exparing the software trail period i will uninstall that software from pc and tray to reinstall it but it can not happen.
can you tel me from where it will take information that the proposed software is alredy install. how can we minimised this problem. it can only be solve after formatin of system is done???

Kindly let me know if you know regarding this matter???

Thanks

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thr r lots of methods. S/w. these days put an entry in the registry in such a way dat even if u change d date of ur sys. or uninstall, registry entry is not affected. So changing date, uninstallation wont work. Only formating will. Chk wikipedia for details abt it.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
First backup your registry. Then Use s/w like Registry Crawler. Search for term ie name of software or publisher name just see what written in key if it belongs to that s/w delete it.

After deleting all the keys reinstall the application.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@ruturaj

But most of these s/w. use multiple entries or entries wit diff. names n removing dem becomes a big prb. It is not poss. in most cases now

sakumar79

Technomancer
The programs have a unique CLSID that is stored in registry and the info regarding serial number, trial version expiry, etc will probably be stored there... It is possible to reinstall trial versions, but discussing these things is illegal

Arun

anandk

Distinguished Member
software makers add hidden acprotect, dbpe, acprotect, pcguard, armadillo, obsidium, svk, execryptor, softlox, softsentry, etc keys to ur registry....these r protection mechanisms and know if u have used the trialware for a particular no of times or period. these entries (or hidden files) stay on ur system, even after the trialwares uninstall. and no, registry cleaners dont help.

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/vistaulti.gif

OP
B

bipshee1234

Broken In
lets assume before installing the trails version software i take a backup of registary and install the trails software. When the trail software expaires i will remove it from my system through contrl pannel. Restore the registary and reinstall the application. would it work?????........

kindly help me to resolve this problem as early as posible...

redhat

Mad and Furious
^^
You might just screw up your computer if some major registry change has taken place during the evaluation period. Many other minor changes, tweaks will be reverted. Could cause great harm!!!!!

OP
B

bipshee1234

Broken In
Actually we are using a telcom software that have 2 months trails session. after the 2 months i have to formate the system. I can do a one think for that after installing all basic software that is required for a normal desktop such as office, winzip, media player etc from admin loging. Then take the registary backup, install that trail software. i also give a user rights to work on it. By defaut a user can not install any software in the PC.
when the software expires we loged in to the system as administrator rights uninstall the trail software and its component and and restore the registary. hope it work.....

kindly help whether it work or not..

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Not sure if this is legal or not but this method will surely work
using arconis trueimage
Install all the basic softwares which u need, make a image backup using arconis then install ur trial softwares, when they expire use restore function of arconis to restore back to a fresh install.................then again install trial software.....................then again restore .......................again install........................................................hey better buy the software by now.
Ur time is more important & costly than a software.

There are other ways too..................but the above should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom