how! a infrared 'transmitter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
how! to make a infrared 'transmitter'

i want to use a remote controller of a device from another room which is far away.

is their anyway? please sugget.

i think we can take a infrared receptor & infrared bulb. I know infrared receptors are available at stores. We have to make make a circuit through which we can utilise this to control other devices.

e.g-:> I mean I have tatasky located in one bedroom with the tv. it is connected to computer through rf(cable line) and to the tv with audio video channel available. I want to control the tatasky while watching it on tatasky.

I hope u understand my question

pls help

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
setup a mirror arrangement to relay the infra red .... but i doubt the possibility to achieve somehting like this ...

abinesh

Broken In
bro... i dont think you can use IR for transmission from aroom to another. its usually point to point communicator and from room to room ... no way !! yea... may be mirror arrangement might work ( im not sure ) .

but you could use a bluetooth transmitter ... the ics are available ... but this project migt turn out costly !!

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
think i press a switch on the remote of tatasky while sitting near the computer. By having a receptor in that room, connected to a a circuit which boosts the signal and sends that signal (through wires) to the room where it is located. And keeping a infrared bulb infront of the the tatasky, so that when i press the key to change the channel, it transmits the data to that bulb located infront of the tatasky can change the channel by transmitting the same signal.

What do u think ???

oye help karo

Last edited:

indian_samosa

No longer here..
I actually wanted to setup something similar.I have DishTV in the drawing room and have the audio and video cables from the Settop box to the tv tuner in the bedroom.I think the following might work ....

You can get a infrared transmitter the same as the one in your remote and place it directly infront of the Settop box's infrared receiver.Now connect the wires from the transmitter to the infrared tarnsmitter on ur remote.I am talking about a parallel connection.It should work I suppose and will not need any extra boosting.What basically u r doing is extending the remote transmitter to beyond its original length.

Now I havent tried it ..... But wish to in the future.

I ll try it on monday .....lets see

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ better than that .... remove the ir transmittter frm the remote ... connect to a wire and place it in front of ur set top box ....

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
now think again,

it will need electricity to provide reception of remote signal and transmit it to the bulb.

so, their is a need of circuit system. i want to know on how to make that circuit.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
i don't want to open the remote and place.

think i press a switch on the remote of tatasky while sitting near the computer. By having a receptor in that room, connected to a a circuit which boosts the signal and sends that signal (through wires) to the room where it is located

i want remote and the receptor should not be connected by wires

indian_samosa

No longer here..
iMav said:
^^ better than that .... remove the ir transmittter frm the remote ... connect to a wire and place it in front of ur set top box ....

yup that also will do .... But Khali-pili why to remove the nice transmitter on the remote !! :)

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
^^ i agreehow can u remove it from it! (don't ans this question)

we need a ciruit

help me plz

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
circuit for what dude :confused: making a power ckt for a ir tx wont help at all

u need to relay the signal coming from the remote

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
first of all you can just take a transmitter and connect it to the receiver by a simple wire. you require a modulating circuit to convert the IR signal to electrical signals and then back to IR signals. this aint an easy job man! i don't think working that much wud be viable. IR needs line of sight. a major drawback. this is the reason why IR is not popular (yeah mebbe even me!! :D :D)

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
i mean that only

i want to relay signal but i don't want to open the remote make relay connection. So, their is a need of a circuit which accepta the signal and send to the bulb for this it also need electricity

so whatever u can call it but i can't open my remote as it will make the remote look bad and it will not be allowed by my family and this will also hamper warranty

@infra
but i have to use this all remote suport IR only

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
the best option wd be to use an array of mirrors.. Position them such that the signal get reflected directly onto the receiver.

Pathik

Google Bot
the best option wd be to use an array of mirrors.. Position them such that the signal get reflected directly onto the receiver.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
nothing is impossible

just changing of the IR signals are done in tv on anything which uses remote

so, their should be a wayout, i want just a circuit diagram

off topic
are there any electrical engg or students here

Kenshin

meowww meoww
get the ir signals modulate them use a RF transmitter ....receive the RF signals by a receiver demodulate...giveem to the IRLED simple....will work in 200 mtr range.....will cost u 600 bucks tho.Am a electronics engg student...rt now am doin a project on transmiting temperatures from 6 different points thru a microcontrolled RF transmitters to a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom