system zone1 is > 50 'C
system zone2 is > 55 'C
the fan is running properly
is this normal???

up to what tempretures cpu is safe

from where can i get a good info on that

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
please indicate the operating enviorment what i mean is that if you operate the pc on a hot day in jaisalmer or bikaner the temp are ok but in bangalore or shimla(both are same) the temp are on a higher side BUT well within normal parameters.
regards pradeep

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
on holiday's i use around 16-18 hrs.
My poor athlon never gets time to sleep ;) i helped it by putting a new exaust fan for it .
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Kannan

In the zone
Its better to avoid the CPU temperature reaching 75 'C, System area 65'C

Try putting additional exaust and intake fans. ( When you do so check that your SMPS has enough wattage reading to give more power)

Also if you need, put a HDD cooler fan.

theraven

Technomancer
> 60c is not good for a p4 1.8
remove ur heatsink from the processor .. get some good quality thermal paste ... reapply on processor
then reinstall heatsink and fan
BTW .. i use an amd 2600 and my comp is on 24hours ... my cpu temperatures do not exceed 60C .. and thats normal for an amd

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
appling a heat simk compound is a tricky task. first one has to completly remove any old stickon type of heat conductive material present on the cpu and the heatsink then the layer of heatsink compound has to be applied in a thin film (use a blade to achive a plain thin finish without any up and down formations) excess heatsink compound is bad also the quality of heatsink past is important dont use the off the shelf rs 8/- to rs 25 /- small bottle get the branded tube from afcoset or such good company the good past has a thick consistency and does not dry up even after years of exposure to air.
i used the method and was able to get a fall in temp of about 3 - 4 c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom