host\etc Trojan Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabman

Broken In
the problem started when i found that i couldnt save any doc or txt files .....explorer started hanging up whenever i tried saving ...... then my AVg anitvirus stopped functioning ....i cldnt run it at all ....some how i managed to download stinger and i found that i there was a trojan virus in c:/windows/system32/hosts/etc......i deleted it but it comes back again .....i cant run avg at all .....i tried running the setup agian but its of no use ....is there a patch for this .....i tried a google search but cdlnt find anything useful......now my comp hangs regularly ...plz help me out !!

prankzter

Journeyman
the virus could not b fully removed by 'stinger' i guess the registry entries r still existing.Do a google and see if there is any way 2 remove the registry entries created by the darn trojan.If u know the name of the trojan, search 4 itz removal toolz on google. But if u r as lazy as i am, then go in for a better antivirus scanner like kaspersky antivirus personal pro...believe me ...it wont dissapoint!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
try going to Run type regedit and then press enter.Browse to hkey_local_machine then click software then microsoft then windows then current version and finally run check all the entries and delete all the unnecessary ones but be careful just back up the reg first and then try it.try the main suspects first not the system files reg.

GameAddict

In the zone
Try PQRemove 3.2.1.8

Hi,

If Stinger has failed, try Panda Quick Remover 3.2.1.8. Get it by searchin in Google.

Bye!

GA

shehan9999

Broken In
i had a similar problem......
check this forum out:

*forums.thatcomputerguy.us
u will have to download their anti-spyware tool (hijackthis) and do a scan with it, afterwards u will have to post the results (log file) of that scan, and then wait for a reply !!

trust me these guys are really GOOD :D

OP
S

sabman

Broken In
hey guys thanx a lot ...but i have solved my problem ...got a entire new system...:D....not becoz of the virus but was planning to get one anyways....thanx shehan ...i will try that site in future if i do face any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom