HOMEFRONT :: Awesome..is just an understatement

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
While the waiting for BF3 continues I jjust stumbled upon this game called HOMEFRONT (genre : FPS Action War) and boy am I glad I did. Not sure why this game was not applaud as against some of the top contenders, but let me just say its one HELL OF A GAME. Set in the distant future (but the game feel is not at all futuristic) where we have a civil war and our protagonist belongs to the resistance group. Its TOTAL NON STOP ACTION right from the word go. Very much in the lines of COD franchise. The graphics and effects are top notch, AI is good, but the star of the game is its total non stop chaotic action environment, very much like what we had in COD : Black Ops. and I am surprised this game didnt get the attention as it should have been. Gamers who prefer fps war action would just fall in love with this game (as I did). The only complain I have is the game is too short, just needs couple of hours of 3,4 sittings and you will complete the game, even on hardest setting (which is what I play on)........ I would highly recomend this game to anyone who is an fps fan.

Homefront - Supermarket Gun Battle Gameplay Movie (PC) - GameSpot Video

xvetox123

Broken In
Homefront was really good AFAIK.
The Campaign was too short, but that was all I could find fault with the game. Was ignored totally.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It was definitely under-rated. I guess it got flaked mainly for being a COD-clone and extremely short SP campaign. To me, it was short, fast and decent enough.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Graphics was good game-play was repetitive(except last missions) Sp campaign(which matters most to me) was too short but i think it was overwhelmed by crysis2 the release time was wrong

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The game was buggy and repetitive.

But, the story and presentation were very good.

Game wasnt buggy at all, atleast mine wasnt. Repetitive mmmm well maybe, but then in that case the COD franchise is the same as well. You can hardly expect too much of a variation in a War action game.

I enjoy these kinda of games as against games that rely on too much on stealth and very less action, like Deus Ex : HR.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
They might have ironed out the bugs now. But back then.... the game was buggy and felt rough around the edges.

But, what really made me kept going was presentation. It was brilliant. :)

Top Bottom