Hollywood Movies to look forward to : 2011 - 2012

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
I am starting this thread to discuess, upcoming Hollywood movies in 2011/2012, that seems worth a mention. I will start with 4, 5 and keep adding more as and when I have informaton, mean time if the movie buffs here find any movie that they want to include/discuess, they are more then welcome ..........

Here we go ....

PS :: Just for the record most of the information is gathered from IMDB. I Just have done the collation part.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/2214/piratesofthecaribbean4o.jpg

PLOT : Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he's not sure if it's love -- or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past.

Director : Rob Marshall

Release Date : 20 May 2011 (USA)

Personal Note : Well jack sparrow is back again, for the fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, what more would they want, with all of the installments of POC, being a blockbuster, hopes from this one are high as well. Eagerly waiting

2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon

*img507.imageshack.us/img507/1917/darkmoonposter.jpg

PLOT : The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and learn its secrets, which could turn the tide in the Transformers' final battle.

Director : Michael Bay

Release Date : July 2011 (India) (USA)

Personal Note : There were loves and haters for this movie, and less those who were somewhere in the middle, I for one belong to the former group, just loved the action detail and the cheezy comedy too. Dark Moon is one of the most anticipated movie of 2011.

3. The Mechanic

*img268.imageshack.us/img268/5817/themechanicmovie1.jpg

PLOT : Follows an elite hit man as he teaches his trade to an apprentice who has a connection to one of his previous victims.

Director : Simon West

Release Date : 28 January 2011 (USA)

Personal Note : I love Jason Statham, Mechanic seems to offer nothing new but I am hoping the execution is different. Definitely worth a wait.

4. Battle: Los Angeles

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/654/battlelosangelesposter2.jpg

PLOT : A Marine platoon faces off against an alien invasion in Los Angeles

Director : Jonathan Liebesman

Release Date : 18 March 2011 (India)

Personal Note : Well no movie with this theme has touched the success and appreciation since District 9. Battle LA seems to have the right ingredients, let hope that we have a quality alien invasion movie.

5. Cowboys & Aliens

*img600.imageshack.us/img600/39/comboysandaliensintlpos.jpg

PLOT : A spaceship arrives in Arizona, 1873, to take over the Earth, starting with the Wild West region. A posse of cowboys are all that stand in their way

Director : Jon Favreau (IRON MAN Fame)

Release Date : 19 August 2011 (India)

Personal Note : With Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford as the star cast and Favreau the IRON MAN director, C&A has become one of the most anticipated movie of 2011. The premises is interesting, just need see how the execution is. My personal fav of 2011.

===============

More to Come ........ Soon :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sucker punch

Zack Snyder! Want any more reasons? :p

[youtube]6dzikBZTUy8[/youtube]

The Hangover 2

Director: Todd Phillips
Cast: Zach Galifinakis, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha
Release Date: 5/26/2011
Studio: Warner Bros.

Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Director:Brad Bird
Stars:Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg
Release Date: 16 December, 2011

Fast Five

Director:Justin Lin
Stars: Paul Walker, Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson
Release date: 29 April, 2011

127 Hours

Director: Danny Boyle
Stars: James Franco, Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara
Release date: 7 January, 2011

Last edited:
OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
6. Super 8

*img252.imageshack.us/img252/9720/super8movieposter2674x1.jpg

PLOT : In 1979 command of the Air Forces of the USA has made decision to close a part of the Zone 51. All materials should be evacuated in confidential laboratory in Ohio. But there was a train wreck, and all confidential materials were lost. Only one car has escaped. And something desperately tries to get out of it. The friend? The enemy? Who there? Something very big and very wild. Obviously not the person and not an animal.

Director : J.J. Abrams

Release Date : 10 June 2011 (USA)

Personal Note : J J Abrams, is a talented director, and I am sure his next installment would be worth a wait ...... The teaser looks chilling .... :)

Teaser ::

YouTube - Super 8 Movie Trailer 1080p HD EXCLUSIVE

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
7. Sanctum

*img405.imageshack.us/img405/5396/sanctummovieposter.jpg

PLOT : The 3-D action-thriller Sanctum follows a team of underwater cave divers on a treacherous expedition to the largest, most beautiful and least accessible cave system on Earth. When a tropical storm forces them deep into the caverns, they must fight raging water, deadly terrain and creeping panic as they search for an unknown escape route to the sea.

Director : Alister Grierson

Release Date : 4 February 2011 (USA)

Personal Note : I would have not included this in my list had I not seen the trailer, looks astounding, something like the mix of The Descent and The Abyss ...... check out the teaser ....

YouTube - Sanctum Movie Trailer Official (HD)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well these are my list,

Thor (2011) - IMDb

Director: Kenneth Branagh

The Plot: The warrior Thor (Hemsworth) is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard by his father Odin (Hopkins) for his arrogance and sent to Earth to live among humans. Falling in love with scientist Jane Foster (Portman) teaches Thor much-needed lessons, and his new-found strength comes into play as a villain from his homeland sends dark forces toward Earth.

Release date: 6th May,2011

Kung Fu Panda

Director: Jennifer Yuh

Plot: Well its Kung Fu Panda...... :D

Release Date: 27-MAY-2011

X-Men: First Class (2011) - IMDb

Director: Matthew Vaughn

The Plot: Charles Xavier (aka Professor X) and Erik Lensherr (aka Magneto) are two young men discovering their powers. Banding together with fellow mutants to stop a threat to the world, a rift grows between the two forces, leading to the founding of Professor X's X-MEN and Magneto's Brotherhood, and the beginning of their eternal war.

Release date: 27-JUNE-2011

Captain America

Director: Joe Johnston

Plot: Its Captain America!!!

Release date: 22-JULY-2011

Final Destination 5 (2011) - IMDb

Plot: R u crazy? FD and plot??? Its FD and either u'll watch it or u won't. I'll watch :D

Release date: 26-AUG-2011

And, and, and ........................

Straw Dogs

Release date: 23-SEP-2011

Personal note: Yes, they are remaking a classic. Loved the original one...need to see if they can keep up with the tense moments like original.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am really looking forward to "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". It has got two of my all time favourite elements - Convertibles and Outer Space! :mrgreen:

The trailer of Sucker Punch is too good..! :doublethumb:

"Source Code" is a trailer that just send shivers down my spine.. The concept looks unreal!!! :shock:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Movie Posters. Please try to include the posters as well, like Sam did. It's more eye catchy and appealing. Good job Sam for starting this thread. Maintain the current format your posting right now.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Thanks Ethan, :) I hope people keep contributing to the thread .....

BTW ... why has your name turned "red", is it some kind of mini mod status you have achieved ... :)

D

Deleted member 26636

way2jatin : you didn't have to quote all those images in the post.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ yep just the compliment was enough :) ....... if possible edit the post ....

More Coming Soon....

Top Bottom