HijackThis isn't hijacking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Hijackthis users whenever I try 2 run this software i get a small windo with foolwing info
Error starting program (TITLE)
a required .dll file, MSVBVM60.DLL was not found.
If possible plz help me.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Its a file located in Windows/System32 folder, d/l it from here: *www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvbvm60

swatkat

Technomancer
Download and install VB6 Runtime Files. Then run HijackThis, this would solve your problem.
*support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q192/4/61.ASP

Deep

Version 2.0
expertno.1 said:
The Incredible
Analogue Novice

but why are you using hijackthis

whatz ur problem ?

I had warned you before in other post that dont post useless replies...

if you dont know ans then dont post.

You got a free warning for this...

make sure you dont repeat these kinda things again

Deep

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Deep said:
expertno.1 said:
The Incredible
Analogue Novice

whatz ur problem ?

Deep

Dear Mr. Moderator i'm the author of this topic and i can't find that reply useless. Well he is asking why am i willing 2 use that software. Am I having some problem. How come u can find This friendly gesture useless.
I certify that this reply is not useless for the author this topic that is me, but wahtever u posted is completely useless 2 me as it is not related 2 the topic also every user of this forum is asked 2 visit the forum rules topic n there itz given that ppl with on a warning image hav something which isn't allowed on da forum, so Mr.Moderator I hop that the forum members r having eyes 2 see that image. Also, I wanna ask the reason 2 post that useless reply over here. Why haven't u send a private message 2 him. U r posting useless replies n blaming it on others. whatz wrong with u. BTW can u tell us the reason for ur so kind n unwanted reply.
Also can u tell us da reason for his being on a warning. Also plz read ur posts b4 posting.
Yours Sincerely The Incredible

[Edited Batty] Try to be courteous when you are asking questions ..

Deep

Version 2.0
The Incredible said:
Deep said:
expertno.1 said:
The Incredible
Analogue Novice

whatz ur problem ?

Deep

Dear Mr. Moderator i'm the author of this topic and i can't find that reply useless. Well he is asking why am i willing 2 use that software. Am I having some problem. How come u can find This friendly gesture useless.
I certify that this reply is not useless for the author this topic that is me, but wahtever u posted is completely useless 2 me as it is not related 2 the topic also every user of this forum is asked 2 visit the forum rules topic n there itz given that ppl with on a warning image hav something which isn't allowed on da forum, so Mr.Moderator I hop that the forum members r having eyes 2 see that image. Also, I wanna ask the reason 2 post that useless reply over here. Why haven't u send a private message 2 him. U r posting useless replies n blaming it on others. whatz wrong with u. BTW can u tell us the reason for ur so kind n unwanted reply.
Also can u tell us da reason for his being on a warning. Also plz read ur posts b4 posting.
Yours Sincerely The Incredible

I have no plans to get into any argument but one thing i want to make sure that, the warning he got is not because of only this post, I have seen his earlier posts also and after that only I have given him warning.

2nd thing I called his reply as useless because it was nowhere related to the question you asked, you asked for missing files, you got the answer and this guy suddenly popups asking why r u using hijackthis...

anyways if you find it useful then good but it is certainly not useful in my eyes..

This warning is for temporary period, if he behaves well then it wil be removed very soon... :)

No more discussions on this anymore please.
Regards
Deep

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
expertno.1 said:
The Incredible
Analogue Novice

whatz ur problem ?
Well man just let me know da reason why u got warning.

I read somewhere that da software can find if there is something may b wrong in ur rig. Thats why i wanted 2 use it.

Dear SHWETANSHU, u solved my prob. Thanx a lot. :) :) :) :)

I'm posting da log below, if anyone can something wrong plz tell me, also how 2 repair it. I'm running win 98 se. Bye.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:01:06 PM, on 5/26/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
D:\UTILITIES\SYSTEM\ZONEALARM FIREWALL\ZLCLIENT.EXE
D:\UTILITIES\ANTI VIRUS\AVG FREE EDITION\AVGCC.EXE
D:\UTILITIES\ANTI VIRUS\AVG FREE EDITION\AVGEMC.EXE
D:\UTILITIES\ANTI VIRUS\AVG FREE EDITION\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CARPSERV.EXE
D:\UTILITIES\ESSENTIALS\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\TEATIMER.EXE
D:\ANINDYA\FREERAM XP PRO 1.40.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
D:\UTILITIES\SYSTEM\HIJACK REMOVER.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = *www.zdnetindia.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\Utilities\Essentials\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "D:\Utilities\System\ZoneAlarm Firewall\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] D:\UTILIT~1\ANTIVI~1\AVGFRE~1\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] D:\UTILIT~1\ANTIVI~1\AVGFRE~1\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] D:\UTILIT~1\ANTIVI~1\AVGFRE~1\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender Free Edition\\bdmcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [BitDefender Scan Server] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\\bdss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [BitDefender Live! Init] C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender Free Edition\\bdinit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] D:\Utilities\Essentials\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "D:\ANINDYA\FREERAM XP PRO 1.40.EXE" -win
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=*www.zdnetindia.com
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - *v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/ansi/iuctl.CAB?38496.5114699074

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Deep said:
The Incredible said:
Deep said:
expertno.1 said:
The Incredible
Analogue Novice

whatz ur problem ?

Deep

Yours Sincerely The Incredible.

I have no plans to get into any argument but one thing i want to make sure that, the warning he got is not because of only this post, I have seen his earlier posts also and after that only I have given him warning.

2nd thing I called his reply as useless because it was nowhere related to the question you asked, you asked for missing files, you got the answer and this guy suddenly popups asking why r u using hijackthis...

anyways if you find it useful then good but it is certainly not useful in my eyes..

This warning is for temporary period, if he behaves well then it wil be removed very soon... :)

No more discussions on this anymore please.
Regards
Deep

SORRY for more discussion. I'm really very for more discussion but since u r a moderator i think as a forum member i hav da right 2 ask u da following questions. Plz answer me i'm new 2 the forum n hav read da forum rules several times.

Q 1 --> What is a well - behaviour according 2 u n according 2 other moderators?

Q 2 --> Why haven't u send any pm 2 him any pm instead of posting here n cluttering up da forum if u think that it was useless reply. if u say it was useless OK it must be useless as u r da moderator but why r u posting uselessly, as u r also not answering my base question?

Q 3 --> Am i finding da reply useless or useful its my work as i'm author not u. if i will find anything useless i will just send a pm 2 the site administrator or moderator. Got it?

Q 4 --> Well someone has just locked one of my topic without sending any info or pm 2 me. Is it correct? The topic was Security Package n it was under QnA Forum so atleast let me know da reason for its being locked n want it unlocked. Also i wasn't talking abt anything wrong as mentioned in da rules. Give reasons for ur answer?

Q 5 --> Also why don't u rename da Bazaar section as Hardware Bazaar as only hardwares can b soled there ?

I m sorry for discusing mor.

[Edited Batty]

swatkat

Technomancer
There is nothing wrong in your log except that you are using an age old version of HijackThis, and i think you have renamed it to "Hijack Remover"?

PS: Instead of posting above thing, if i say "Why use HijackThis, format and reinstall to solve your problems", what would you think of it? Isnt that would be spamming? Period.

Deep

Version 2.0
The Incredible, I had told you earlier also that no more discussions on this please.

I am locking this thread for the time being.

The decision I have taken is correct according to me, I have explained the reason for warning him and I dont think I am entitiles to answer any other questions....

Deep

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Dear Forum Members,

I find no problems with the conduct of the moderator(s) in this thread. Moderators have been informed that they should post reasons for every moderation action. This insures that there is always transparency in the functioning of this forum. If we were to keep PMing offenders, then we risk not informing newer members of occurences of offenses.

Put simply, I got fed up of PMing one guy about what he did wrong only to find that another did the same thing the very next day. This way everyone reading this thread will know what is considered wrong, and what is acceptable.

I am assuming that the warning was issued for the offense of spamming to increase post counts. Which actually entitles a 1 month ban, but the moderators are a little too patient I think!

This topic was locked because the question was answered, and since there was a flame war about to erupt here, I'd say it was the right thing to do. I'll open it again, but the first person to start flaming get's banned!

I hope that clears everything up, please PM me if you have any further questions.

Raaabo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom