high performance laptop quicklly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingshere

Right off the assembly line
i work on image and sound editing (heavy sometimes) and multimedia softwares. i am planning to buy a laptop within 1,00,000/- . i also want it to be on the higher side of speed., n graphics. plz help. reply within 1-2 days.
thanks

G

gxsaurav

Go for dell laptops, depening on your requirment. What exectly U want, Ultra portable or Performance...since u want sound editiing & audio editing, multimedia, get a Core Duo laptop, with 1 GB RAM, & a discreet graphics solution

Look for dell inspiron 6400 Laptop, U can customize it accordingly, but as I said, get atleast a Core Duo 1.83 GHz CPU with 1 GB RAM

The other really good options are Acer & HP, they are very cheap in price, but nice in quality, look for them at their site

MacBook pro is good, but it depends on your applications

goobimama

 Macboy
Now install Windows XP on the Macbook Pro! So you get the best of both worlds! Btw, the Macbook Pro is the fastest Windows Laptop (at least till last week...not sure of current status)

G

gxsaurav

what are us suggesting goobimama :shock: install XP on Macbook, violating the warretny & service rules, also what about drivers etc, & not to forget, it requirs a hack to install XP on intel Macs which itself is dangerous

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gxsaurav said:
what are us suggesting goobimama :shock: install XP on Macbook, violating the warretny & service rules, also what about drivers etc, & not to forget, it requirs a hack to install XP on intel Macs which itself is dangerous

What The Fork? Which hack? GX don't post about what you do not know and make a fool of yourself everywhere.

Which warranty are you violating by installing XP? All the drivers required have already been written by narf.

@the Original Poster...

I'd say if you are into image and sound editing.. there is no OS better than OS X :)

I'd suggest a MacBook Pro Core Duo 1.83 ghz/1 GB Ram/ATI x1600

G

gxsaurav

Andy, r u in your mind, i mean U R suggesting installing XP on a Macbook violating all the usage laws, & i don't think drivers written by narf are as stable as those written my Intel/nvidia/via etc

Kingshere: U got the choise, now check yourself...what applications do u intend to use.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
GX... Fork off.. you are not violating ANY thing. You can run Windows, Linux or for that matter any OS without violating any warranty.

GX seriously get a life and stop spreading lies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
GX, I have a Apple PowerBook and a PowerMac G4.. both run on Ubuntu Breezy happily. If there is a need for a REAL and stable operating system, then go for Ubuntu itself. There are no issues of drivers whatsoever. Dont go for Windows XP. Its an ancient Operating System.. more than 5 years old.

PowerBook has got serviced and repaired from Bandra service center 3/4 times. Do they even care what software you are running on the hardware you own? All you need to claim warranty from Apple is your purchase recipt and warranty card.

GX, dont try to spread incorrect information.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
aadipa said:
How about Sony VAIO FE VGN-FE18GP @ 1,04,900 if you are not game for PowerBook ?

Aadi, the MacBook pro is the fastest core duo laptop in the market according to gearlog.com.

And you can run 3 major operating systems on it which include OS X, Windows Xp and Linux.

*gearlog.com/blogs/gearlog/archive/2006/03/21/8212.aspx

pickster

Professional Layabout.
BTW, what is this post doing ine Reviews section?
Shouldn't it be in Hardware Trouble Shooting?

G

gxsaurav

As I said, this depends on his application choice, & I wonder where he is?

anyway... sound editing, multimedia, (Compositing, rendering) requires stable drivers, & I don't think U can deny that fact Andy or gnurag, now tell me, if u install Windows XP SP2 on a Macbook, where are u going to get official stable drivers for that platform..

or can u plz refer to some article saying that I can render in Macbook Pro with XP SP2 installed with a firmware hack, still not loose on performance & stability... & not to forgot endless other compatibility problems, the firmware hack for installing XP SP2 on Intel Macs is quite fancy, but in no since productive or efficient

& about me getting a life, get over it, I don't think that U should be so much concerned with my life being this way...........hey, u just own a Mac, not a human

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Moved here from Reviews.

@kingshere: First decide exactly which applications you are going to use. If those applications are not available for the Mac, then you have to stick with Windows based laptops.

Also, If you are looking into Dell, then the 9400 is the top choice. As of now, you can get the following config for around 96k:

Core Duo 2GHz
1GB RAM
GeForce Go 7800 GPU
80GB HDD
17" Display
DVD Burner
80WHr Battery

However, if what you will use is readily available for Macs, do consider the MacBook Pro as well. It's kind of attractive since you can use OSX, Linux, and XP on the same machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom