high compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hi!!! guys
one of my friend got one GTA VC game in compressd form, this was 257 MB. but when i decompressd it came to 1.26GB how it is possilble to copmress so much???????? please reply as soon as possible thnx.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well you see this , i have an archive that is 2.14 MB but it expands to 550+ MB .
it contains Office 2007 Beta .
it was compressed using KGB archiver .

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
i got a nfsmw image file in mdf format which was in rar..It was 850kb and i decompressed it and guess how much i got????....1.67GB...can any1 beat that?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
kenshin1988 said:
The one mdf image ur calling is actually a mini image of alcohol it is supposed to show is is 1.67Gb.But actually it is not(it doesnot contain any data).Its not due to compression.It is illegal to make mini images.KGB archiver can compress a 2Gb to 2Mb But takes days to do it Unless u have vast memory With vast i really meant vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

Well what u said is rght but i dnt understand anything what u said

Pathik

Google Bot
@ rakesh the mdf images store only the file structures not the entire data...

and u can try kgbarchiver n 7zip for better compression....

Last edited:

paul_007

Padawan
mak1012 said:
hi!!! guys
one of my friend got one GTA VC game in compressd form, this was 257 MB. but when i decompressd it came to 1.26GB how it is possilble to copmress so much???????? please reply as soon as possible thnx.

the 257 MB of GTA VC which u have seen is called ripped version of original vice city which are illegal........ in ripped versions many things are missing for example the cutscenes, backgrond music, startup videos etc, that is why their size becomes very small after compression.

fatguysmart

The Blessed one
kenshin1988 said:
The one mdf image ur calling is actually a mini image of alcohol it is supposed to show is is 1.67Gb.But actually it is not(it doesnot contain any data).Its not due to compression.It is illegal to make mini images.KGB archiver can compress a 2Gb to 2Mb But takes days to do it Unless u have vast memory With vast i really meant vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

One confusion sir!
Does that mean that use of KGB archeiver is Illegal???
(I feel no, but still will be satisfied if you will tell me!)
Thank You!

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
omg does it actually work this well? And d'u ppl think it'll work on a tablet PC with 3Ghz and 512 MB RAM (i'm pessimistic)?

go_gamez

In the zone
Hey Whats ... A Tablet Pc...sorry Guys..i Ve Heard About..but Frnakly Spkin Dnt Knw Any Thin Abt It ??

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
i got that version of GTA VC 257 mb i d/w from local lan ....most of the times there is useless stuff with some other name ...thats way i didnt install it but i will try now.....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@go_gamez - Thats awesome man! Read newspapers, Tablet PCs are ultra portable light weight PCs. They aint got to be folded like lappies and are just like a drawing pad.

@led_shankar - I dont see why not, but the app must support the os maybe ?

go_gamez

In the zone
QwertyManiac said:
@go_gamez - Thats awesome man! Read newspapers, Tablet PCs are ultra portable light weight PCs. They aint got to be folded like lappies and are just like a drawing pad.

@led_shankar - I dont see why not, but the app must support the os maybe ?
whats awesome ??tablet pcs or ...me not knowin abt it ..lol ??

so is it mobile..means can i move with it..??does it look like ...a notebook..or a pc.anywayz i will search for a pic. in google..and have a look !!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Not knowing it, well they aint really popular though. Toshiba has the best ones out there I heard, its only for the platinum rich ;)

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_PC Some good model pics there... Linux too :D

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
@go_gamez: A tablet PC (the wikipedia article has a pic of the exact same model as the one i'm using, rofl) looks like a notebook, but it has a pen-like stylus with which you can scribble on the display surface; and it will read input from this stylus. I think Digit had a 'whatever happened to' article on the Tablet PC sometime back.

Now, before anyone starts calling me 'ameer baap ka bigda hua ladka', bear in mind that I do not OWN it, but it's from my Mother's office, rented for a temporary period only.

@QwertyManiac (It's so much fun typing your nickname :D) : I asked that because I read that KGB takes a lot of resources, and that Tablets are strained for resources. THANKS though :)

go_gamez

In the zone
@qwertymaniac..i really like u r nick.../name...does it mean something..or relate..to??anywayz ...thanx for the info...

@led_shankar... thanx to u too..

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
@go_gamez: ref. qwertymaniac's nickname. You must be knowing what maniac is. now look at the first six letter keys in the topmost alphabet row of your keyboard...that explains the first part.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
pathiks said:
@ rakesh the mdf images store only the file structures not the entire data...

and u can try kgbarchiver n 7zip for better compression....

Does it mean i can take that 850 kb file in my floppy[i dnt use floppys but still if..] and copy it to another comp and decompress it will i get the same file size like i got previously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom