Hidden hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have a drive that is hidden. It is a standalone drive and not partitioned. How do I bring it up. I could use that to store data.

Suggestions welcome.

:wink:

D

Deleted member 5901

Hidden hard drive

:arrow: 1st of all check ur JUMPER setting on ur hard drive !!! 2nd if ur using win98 u shall have this problem ! coz even i have not come to a conclusion on this problem 3rd if u have win xp it sould b detected if ur jumper sttings are right!!!
:D

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Dude this drive was hidden by the engineer cos it had bad sectors, I was using it before. BTW how do i check where the jumper is[is it in the cabinet] & i have win98 se installed

D

Deleted member 5901

JUMPER SETTING AT THE BACK !!!

:arrow: the jumper is always behind the drive (usually 6- 8 copper pins in a rectangle varies form company to company ) there should be a jumper setting manual inscribed on the top of ur drive !!! u can read it and change the setting !!! :D

D

Deleted member 5901

u did not get back on this !!! Did u find the jumper switch !!!!

crashuniverse

In the zone
i can help on jumper suff. take out ur hard disk. take it out from cabinet and see the back. u can find few smaaaall pins. read the jumper postion figure on the hard drive sticker on top n u ca figure the right thing out.
ur secondary drive has to be set as "slave" whose corres. jumper position can be found on sticker itself.
reading the sticker n taking hard disk out to see things urself can help u a lot.
good lucks ;)

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
i believe rather than the whole HDD just a partition is hidden..
and dude if it is because of bad sectors don't mess with it..
still if you use win xp right click on "My Computer"
click manage
choose removable drive management

HItesh Gupta

saROMan

QA Juggler
expertno.1 said:
i have c: as 98 fat32 and d: as ntfs

which software will allow me to view contents of dL in 98 ?

Use NTFS Reader ..info Here

Download Here

now ur prob..u said ur engg hide it...u said its standalone ...so chk if he has removed the connections to make it hidden ....also install tweakUI ..and see the drives status to see if any drive is given in the list but not presend actually in ur my comp....(except a:/b: and ur CD rom Drive)

whatz the company name of ur hdd ??

herz a list chk ur hdd Jumper setting here here

Hitachi
Samsung
Seagate

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
hitesh_hg said:
i believe rather than the whole HDD just a partition is hidden..
and dude if it is because of bad sectors don't mess with it..
still if you use win xp right click on "My Computer"
click manage
choose removable drive management

HItesh Gupta

WIN 98 SE here..... :?:

D

Deleted member 5901

HEY another suggestion transfer all important data to another hard disk and LOW LEVELK FORMAT ur hard disk !!!

U should get ur LOW LEVEL FORMATER FROM the site of ur HARD disk MANUFACTURER !!!

USE GOOGLE ITS THE BEST !!!! :wink:

:D :!: :lol:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
King_Niral said:
HEY another suggestion transfer all important data to another hard disk and LOW LEVELK FORMAT ur hard disk !!!

U should get ur LOW LEVEL FORMATER FROM the site of ur HARD disk MANUFACTURER !!!

USE GOOGLE ITS THE BEST !!!! :wink:

:D :!: :lol:

For what & how will that help me. Dude I'm trying to figure out how to unhide my hard drive which is hidden and ur telling me somethind else.

:x

D

Deleted member 5901

So till now has'ntthe jumper setting link helped u !!! posted by saROMan !!!

NE way EXPLAIN WAT HAVE U DONE AND WAT DO U UNDERSTAND BY UR PROBLEM !!!!

THEN MAY BE WE ALL CAN HELP U !!!!

CHEERs
TAKE CARE !!!!

D

Deleted member 5901

Hey Check if ur Power Connector is Connected Or Not ????????

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
expertno.1 said:
this is really a bit complicated guys

can achacko@dataone.in explain what he had done from the begining ?

For Gods sake look at the 1st post of the thread.

It says the drive was hidden cos of the bad sectors, I wanna unhide it now as I have free space on it.

saROMan

QA Juggler
bud.....did u chked my solution.....plz reply what have u done.....ur problem solved/not solved etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom