Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
hey, can anybody help me. when i enable my hibernation, it gives a message that procces is used by another device. what to do?

Techmastro

Journeyman
Same problem here.
Asked it before but no reply.
I am using 2.8GHz,256MB ram with Win xp sp2 installed.
Error message says" File is used by another program"
I have sufficent space in my c: drive. Could anybody help both of us.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
What do u mean by enabling hiberbation?
Do u mean by going to Desktop properties and in Power settings, enable Hibernation? or clicking on hibernate option in shutdown dialog box?

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
u might be having two OS on the c drive and the page file might not be cleared ....

if that is the case use win-xp manager to clear the page file before shutdown ... and then enable hibernation in XP!!!!!

Techmastro

Journeyman
vijay_7287 said:
u might be having two OS on the c drive and the page file might not be cleared ....

if that is the case use win-xp manager to clear the page file before shutdown ... and then enable hibernation in XP!!!!!

Could you ellaborate how to clear pagefile before shutdown.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open regedit, and nevigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

In right-side pane, look at the DWORD value ClearPageFileAtShutdown and change its value to 1 (if not exist then create a new DWORD value).

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
First be more clear about ur problem, as I asked in my previous post!

Do u mean by going to Desktop properties and in Power settings, enable Hibernation? or clicking on hibernate option in shutdown dialog box?

U can try to disable the Hibernation, then reboot ur comp and try to delete the file hiber*.sys in C:\ drive ( I'm not sure about the name, cauz I don't use it ), then enable the hibernation again.
May be it solve the problem...

Techmastro

Journeyman
Yes you are right Vishal I am not able to enable Hibernation from my power settings.
*img182.imageshack.us/img182/5466/untitled9fo.png

I dont find any such file.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If u hv dual boot system, then restart ur system in other OS and delete the file hiber*.sys in C:\ drive ( as I mentioned in my previous post ).
If u don't hv dual boot system, u can boot ur system using 98 setup CD and can delete the file in DOS.
Now I think u should be able to enable the Hibernation in XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom