Hibernating Not working??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Frnds when i hibernate my PC and restart it...
after recovering from hibernation, it just restarts ...
wat is wrong??

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
after restart, it says that hibernation failed...
do u want to delete the restoration data or restart again??

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whilst on the topic:

i am facing this wierd problem since last nite:

i hibernate ... it hibernates now instead of shutting down it restarts and it continues from where i hibernated but when i hibernate the pc does not shut down after hibernation but restarts

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Manshahia said:
after restart, it says that hibernation failed...
do u want to delete the restoration data or restart again??

It may be driver problem that is causing improper Hibernation. Check the Event logs.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i click hibernate .... it starts to hibernate .... it shows me "windows is preparing to hibernate" .... then it should shut down the pc once done (power off) but instead it restarts the pc

i hope i made it clearer

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^did you try deleting the Hibernation file?? (disable the "Hibernate" option, it'll delete the hiber... file.

& also you two check for any disk errors.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ill try tht but just to add tht once it restarts it starts from where it hibernated ... ie. it continues from where i last left

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Since your Hibernating session is resumed after restart, it means there is no problem in data writing to the hard disk. It seems like something is waking up the Hibernation mode. It may be a ping due to updates via network adapter. Check the network settings.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
check them for what ... all of a sudden this is happening and even IE has started popping up stupid windows ... i think im infected by some adware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom