hibernate problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
my 1st attempt 2 install intel extreme graphic driver failed so i hav 2 ended the setup by task-task manager den i restarted my pc & again run the intel extreme graphic set up & dis time the setup completed fi9 bt frm den onwards i m not able 2 ENABLE HIBERNATE.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
i again re-installed xp 2dy bt still i m having the same prob. is there any person who can help.:confused:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Can you tell us the error message? One more thing, after re-installing Windows did you successfully install VGA drivers?

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
it header says "POWER POLICY MANAGER UNABLE TO RESERVE HIBERNATE FILE" & the info. displayed is "THE PROCESS CANNOT ACCES THE FILE B'ocz ITS BEING USED BY ANOTHER PROCESS" i hav installed the driver properly & device manager doesn't show any yellow mark. & 1 thing more when i log on 2 my pc using SAFE MODE then HIBERNATE TAB doesn't show up in POWER OPTION PROPERTY TAB.

i hav taken the screen shoot of the error bt i dont know how 2 link it here.

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
It happens when hibernate file gets corrupted. Try this:

Disable "Hibernate" from Power Options and restart your system. It'll delete "hiberfil.sys" file automatically. Now re-enable Hibernate option and you should be able to use hibernate in your system.

If it doesnt work, then again disable Hibernate and boot into Safe Mode. Enable "Show Hidden Files" option and disable "Hide Protected Files" option in "Folder Options". Now open C:\ drive and you should be able to see a file "hiberfil.sys". Delete it. Restart system, Re-enable Hibdernate.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
Vishal sir i hav already mentioned dat i m not able 2 enable hibernate so how u r saying dat i should disabe it 1st or delete it.if hibernate is not enabled den how "hiberfil.sys" wil b created in any of my drive.?

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
i found hiberfil.sys file in my C:\ but this hiberfil.sys is responsible 4 hibernation of my win2k3 not the XP which is installed in D:\ i hav also deleted win2k3 hiberfil.sys file but still i m getting the same error.wat i'll do next?:confused:

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
jst nw i reinstalled XP as well as its VGA driver in my f:\ drive n by booting up the new xp i m able 2 enable hibernate... but my F:\ has low disk space so i want 2 format my D:\ XP n move "PROGRAM FILE" folder of the new XP 2 D:\ but i 4got the REGISTRY TRICK of how 2 make a particular folder the DEFAULT installation path for any application....plz help???????

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Microsoft doesnt recommend changing the Program Files path using the registry hack:

*support.microsoft.com/kb/933700

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
ok.....if microsoft doesnt recommend changing the Program Files path using the registry hack then i'll not break his rules..... Vishal sir,thank u 4 all ur replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom