Hi-Speed USB Device - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaitanya_vmk

Right off the assembly line
How to activate a HI-Speed USB Device? I have a USB 2.0 Pen Drive. I use WinXP with SP2 on Intel 865G, P-VI 3.0 Ghz with HT.

Ps verify the Warning it shows for USB Hi-Speed Device... Attached a pic... Ps Check it out and help me as soon as possible.

*img2.uploadimages.net/show.php?img=870267usb_high_speed.JPG

eddie

El mooooo
865G has both USB 1.1 as well as USB 2.0 ports available. You are connecting the drive to a 1.1 port but Windows is suggesting you to connect it to a 2.0 port as it sees one available.

Now, you need to know which ports are USB 2.0 and which ones are 1.1. It can be checked using your mobo manual or you can insert the pen drive one-by-one in each port and see where the XP doesn't complaint.

blacklight

Journeyman
basically it means that while u hav a usb 2.0 device(ur pen drive),ur USB controller is USB 1.1 ,which is the older version.
now a usb 2.0 device is much faster than its older 1.1 version.so the time u take to copy your data is more since ur USB controller is older.

if u r copying large amounts of data and dont want to waste ur time ,u could plug in a USB 2.0 card to a free PCI slot.u get it for arnd 500rs.

and dont get upset by the warning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom