Hhmmm....... does it!

Do u use a Download Manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
First, a download manager makes perfect sense for a user using dialup as IE's downloader doesnt have the option to resume downloads

Then, DAP is not a good download manager, it has adware, in other words software that pops annoying ads at you and tracks information about you. Better use Getright, Star Downloader or Flashget (My recommendation, but try out the others first if you have never used a download manager)

Lastly, no, you wont get 300% increase on dialup, the 300%, if im right, refers to those cases (at high speed broadband) in which the ISP imposes a speed limit on each individual download stream, and the download manager speeds things up by downloading the file in seperate streams. You may get a slight boost but not that much ;)

So hope this helps :)

vysakh

Padawan
dap

DAP may be the best Download manager it does speed up downloads to the maximum.though getright does not speed up to this extend is advantage is that it can download as a single file or as parts . since some sites do not support this getright has the advantage

gamefreak14

Journeyman
It's best to use getright. It can split up downloads to 4 parts, which is more than enough to get the most out of your connections. Otherways to maximize speed is to thoroughly clean your pc of all adware, as they leech bandwidth the moment you connect. And yes, they can never be totally eliminated.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
I think wget is the best option for GNU/Linux users.

Try Caitoo:
*linux.tucows.com/preview/31942.html

Try Prozilla:
*linux.tucows.com/preview/215403.html

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
i like mass downloader by download express, it is a small patch with gets into ie..., jus 500k...
so i use firefox for browsing and ie for downloading sites(to download)

G

Getright

Getright is the best download manager thats what i feel..
te Search for alternates and the its associavity with www.filemirrors.com for file downloads is good
besides it has a neat interface which makes me prefer getright :lol:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
infohardik said:
Hello

Is DAP worth using for a Dial-Up user.

Is its claim of speeding up ddls upto (upto) 300% right.

:!: :arrow:

not quite ...

its like ... it can do it ...
but in general usage .. it never happens .
i wud give say .. abt 50-70% increase ..
its like the bike manufacturers say that the bike gives 100kmpl
it never happens on road.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom