hey norton lover...read this !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Symantec antivirus in danger zone

Symantec's range of antivirus software is under imminent threat from a loophole discovered by an independent security expert, who says the flaw could permit certain virus or worms to attack and destroy programs on users' PCs. :twisted:

*www.whatistheword.com/story/SciTech_437.html

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
i hated symantec from start only, not only it fails to block viri but also consumes too much memory.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I hav a lot of memory in my pc but still i dont use Norton...sticking with avast.One thing i like most about Avast is REAL HASSLE FREE UPDATING !!! Norton uses task scheduler to run its live update nd I always keep my task schduler disabled...so no Norton for me.
Another fact...Norton is the only anvirus I have seen to be killed by a virus !I installed nav 2004 on a friends pc (which was already infected) nd upon the restart it was "KILLED"..Then installed AVG nd it did the job

Massacre

Broken In
Unless it is a big working org,there is no need for any antivirus software.

What i have noticed is these antivirus software attract viruses.

I have no antivirus software installed,so if a virus does attack my system it resides in my system doing what it does,and i go around my work doing what i do.(Of course i have every thing backed up)

It is a Live and Let Live policy.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
shivaranjan.b said:
That's Why i shifted to Mcafee 8.0 Enterprise edition.

Any info how good this is????

Regards....

Only thing i know is it uses abt 40 mb of memory!!! But updatingais a lot better than desktop versions..updates are a lot smaller and it has a dedicated updater against active x on desktop edition

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Massacre said:

I have no antivirus software installed,so if a virus does attack my system it resides in my system doing what it does,and i go around my work doing what i do.(Of course i have every thing backed up)

Excluding the line "It is a Live and Let Live policy." I wonder what made you write all that stuff.

LegendKiller

In the zone
I think 2004 was a real bad version,coz i remeber my friends warning to go for 2004 after 2003 version,which i think was superb!
After 2003 thinks haven't been same from symantec and its buggy and you need atleast 512mb ram for it to work properly.But leaving the memory usage aside i think it still is a damn good software and people just cant get over the "mem usage" phobia,quite similar to people criticising opera and praisin ff just b'coz opera wasn't free!
Which i think is quite biased and un-rational approach of writing a review

H

harsh bajpai

kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky kaspersky

doesn't need help from other words.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I use only Norton 2003 Pro Version and nothin seems 2 screw up.. works fine for the apst 3 yrs.

nitesh

Broken In
Massacre said:

I am disagree... it is unbeliveable... :evil:

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Massacre said:

I think this is a new year joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom