Hey I shopped at www.techmirchi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

femgamerchennai

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys,

I shopped for a XFX6600 128 MB DDR at www.techmirchi.com. for Rs.7500 with free shipping!

XFX6600 rocks in doom3 for sure...... recommend this 4 everyone who is tight on cash and yet wanna play doom3.

The service and product quality is amazing and the product got delivered the next day! These people even accept credit cards!

hope I am the first one to let you about this site.......

Let me return to my doom3 now.......

Yes, I am the best gamer girl from chennai.....

ummm, ahem, hey there mate, aren't you the one that works at techmirchi?? :lol: :lol: :wink:

Willkommen!

That's open to dispute. I bet J-La (a.k.a. jayalalitha) could beat you at the game of horsetrading.

Keith

Sourabh

Laptoping
all the prices at techmirchi are approximately about 10-12% higher than the market prices accn to me

also i suggest buying it from there only if u dun stay in a metropolian city

if u are from mumbai and delhi and are buying the card from tech-mirchi , i dun think its a good deal

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
how much is 128mb geforce 6600gt pci-e leadtek in dleih

where

core speed-500
ram-1ghz
ramdac-400mhz

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Had a look at techmirchi last week and I agree with Sourabh in that their prices are rather high compared to the best prices at Lamington Road or Nehru Place.

However, one must remember that techmirchi prices also include shipping and other handling overheads that we don't have to pay when we buy in person at those hardware meccas.

Lots of people cannot shop at Lammy or NP, and online shops with good service and reasonable prices would be a godsend. Now, if only techmirchi could reduce their prices to compete with Lamington Road prices, they'll be doing a roaring business in no time at all.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yeps have been following techmirchi from quite some time.. infact i showed soura a cd-rw that was on sale for 1.8k.. lets see how ur experience is...

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
techmirchi is good but the product range is a bit limmited I would love to see bigger stores in india who sell all stuff ranging from heatsink solutions to custom cards and range of mobo from abit dfi etc. I for one would not mind paying a higher cost for such stuff provided its available on payment in india in indian currency.
Are ther more of such online stores in india any urls?

pradeep_chauhan said:
techmirchi is good but the product range is a bit limmited I would love to see bigger stores in india who sell all stuff ranging from heatsink solutions to custom cards and range of mobo from abit dfi etc. I for one would not mind paying a higher cost for such stuff provided its available on payment in india in indian currency.
Are ther more of such online stores in india any urls?

There are no online stores, but I heard Icewarez is extending it's chain of stores across Bangalore and Mangalore. See Techtree.com for a news clip.

There won't be any decent stores until Indian logisitics and parcel services match international standards w.r.t. cost, speed and reliability.

There's also the matter of lack of trust. Reason = dishonesty. Cause = don't know, maybe Indian genes :lol:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Keith Sebastian said:
There's also the matter of lack of trust. Reason = dishonesty. Cause = don't know, maybe Indian genes :lol:
I could write a book about this ... :) :)

Living in a remote part of the country, I always prick up my ears at any mention of online tech shops. Years ago, I used to buy from eBay-USA and they were delightful experiences, except that sending the payments was a big hassle.

Then came Indian auction sites - Yelam, Bidorbuyindia, Baazee, etc etc., and it was shocking to see the blatant and often clumsy attempts at cheating by so many sellers. Many if not most buyers seemed to be no better. It completely put me off from online buying for a couple of years. But Baazee made valiant efforts to improve matters, and things slowly began to look better. But a prospective buyer still has to read between the lines when checking out an item for sale.

Auction sites are not exactly the same as online stores - I just mentioned them as a follow-up to Keith's comment about the Indian mentality. It would be great to see places like techmirchi succeed where so many others have failed.

Those of you in the south may like to take a look at www.computerwarehousepricelist.com. I haven't bought from them - too far for me, with the attendant problems of logistics. But their prices and terms of business look fair, and they have a regularly updated price list.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Some of my friend told me that normally the hardware prices in south r little more than those in north....Is it true?

I am working in chennai (basically i am from north) and planning to buy a laptop.....

rohanbee

Padawan
Prices at this site dont look that hot.

The main usp of a online store is that it is always cheaper than your normal hardware stores, this i have not seen in india ...not yet at least.

Also trust is an important factor, i dont see any indian site that i trust at the moment !!!

somone please prove me wrong.

rohanbee

Padawan
femgamerchennai said:
Hey Guys,

I shopped for a XFX6600 128 MB DDR at www.techmirchi.com. for Rs.7500 with free shipping!

XFX6600 rocks in doom3 for sure...... recommend this 4 everyone who is tight on cash and yet wanna play doom3.

The service and product quality is amazing and the product got delivered the next day! These people even accept credit cards!

hope I am the first one to let you about this site.......

Let me return to my doom3 now.......

Well i just checked up and got excited hearing your price but you are lying my dear lady friend because that price in not available even in the US and here is the actual price on this site Rs.13,700/-

*www.techmirchi.com./index.asp?show...&display=Components&home=no&subcat=Components

rohanbee said:
Well i just checked up and got excited hearing your price but you are lying my dear lady friend because that price in not available even in the US and here is the actual price on this site Rs.13,700/-

*www.techmirchi.com./index.asp?show...&display=Components&home=no&subcat=Components

Hey rohanbee, I got a 6600 GT 128mb for 10.6k. Why would anyone pay 13k+ for a plain vanilla 6600 :roll:
You better double check your price and also that link you've posted. The original poster is quite accurate (1k+/- :wink: ) on price.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey man the prices are quite high... the writer LG 52X is priced around 1900/- but I got it 4 months back at 1400/- and now it is priced around 1200/- here in Calcutta

rohanbee

Padawan
Keith Sebastian said:
rohanbee said:

Hey rohanbee, I got a 6600 GT 128mb for 10.6k. Why would anyone pay 13k+ for a plain vanilla 6600 :roll:
You better double check your price and also that link you've posted. The original poster is quite accurate (1k+/- :wink: ) on price.

Yes sir you are absolutely right :) .............and i was going to delete that post but i was pulled out from my office for an emergency meeting.

Also i thought he meant a 6600GT and as you yourself say that you bought the same thing for lesser so this site is pretty expensive then!!
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom