Here comes my Suzuki GS150R review....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ok Guys finally got my baby today, and hence this thread. I hope to see quite a few people here owning this worthy machine by Suzuki. I have been following with and other reviews for a long time to make a decission and It was a gruesome one as I was really confused between various offerings.

following is my story....

First of all let me tell you the foremost reasons I was looking for in a bike.....

The top most was : Ride comfort, smoothness and driving pleasure

2. Decent Millage 45-50
3. Decent Power, pickup and last
4. Techno Equipped

Following were the contenders in no specific order

1. CBZ-X
2. Apachie RTR
3. Unicorn
4. Pulsar 150
5. FZ16
6. Suzuki GS150R

Out of the above I was almost sure not to go for P150 as it is too common a bike and I did not find the ride comfort at all specially at high speed, for the rest 5 following is my personal experience.

1. CBZ-X : Was the most ordinary in looks. Even the new CBZ-X with a gradient shade over black and better style handle was just ok in looks. But CBZ was a prime contender when it came to ride comfort. Despite of ordinary looks and no GAS shockers CBZ-X was giving utter smoothness at 60-70 mark. Pick up was decent and it was perfect for my sitting posture as well.

2. RTR : now this bike has created huge ballyhoo and hoopla among bike lovers for its shear power and pickup and I wanted to have a good test drive for atleast this bike. Thankfully the sales person at showroom in Ghz was cool enough to let me have a long drive and that to alone, so off I went with RTR (FI was out of question as it was very expensive....72000)...so off I went with RTR and the very first impression was.....this bike has the most peppy pickup of the lot......remember RX100, something like that (though RX100 would still beat the crap in 0-60 Pickup) anyway awsome pickup at 1st and 2nd, 3rd was ok 4th and 5th... decent, but trust me after taking a good ride I felt this bike is bit over hyped (now dont you RTR fans come bashing at me.....its my personal opinion....:) ) No doubt its was good but is power the only thing you look for........may be for some but for me RTRs comfort level should be under serious questioning........

The very first very noticeable glitch were the vibrations, I was clearly feeling them at high speeds (and I hate vibrations) Second is the awkward sitting posture,..... To giving a sports like appeal, designers have given a sitting posture very much like a 500CC racing bike, (you lean forward quite a bit) good for couple of dashes but not at all comfortable even for a small long ride. Maybe it was intended for a different target audience.......not for me. :)

3. Unicorn : I loved this bike, but the only reason I held back from this one was similar to P150.... too old and common and I was getting better ride comfort from the latest in the market.. :)

4. FZ16 : Another bike that has created big..... I mean BIG ripples among bike lovers and I seriously hope it lives up to its expectations. If you ask me Yamaha I guess have completely concentrated over how the bike looks and less on how well it should perform, and I do agree we have a huge percentage of bike lovers who would simply go for looks and would compromise on the rest..... specially 16-25 age segment.....A couple of oohhs and aaahs from girls and complete knockout posture with "gaugs" and gals cuddling with you on this beauty looking machine is ALL youngsters would want....... and FZ16 fully justifies this reason....... sadly I did not feel bike performance as justified as looks. Here is my take......very good pickup for 1st and 2nd gear, only second to RTR but looses out badly in all rest transmissions. A practical example.....While on test run I was driving on like 45 and ahead of me was a truck which was on 65 may be 70. I wanted to overtake it with a varoom punch....you know what I mean and to my surprise when I pumped the throttle the bike just dragged from 45 to 70,......... :-( no body was coming from the opposite side else I wouldnt have been able to overtake which I did eventually but it defeated the very purpose of overtaking on highways........I was disappointed.....poor 3rd and 4th shifts.......average ride comfort and Vibrations.....less than RTR but still more than CBZ-X.

5. Suzuki GS150R Now coming to this dream machine........First of all few professional snaps and small overview of the specifications

*i43.tinypic.com/98c9ll.jpg

*i43.tinypic.com/2qkqkd1.jpg

*i41.tinypic.com/rt2uq8.jpg

I will post real live images very soon.

Suzuki GS150R was almost perfect in everything, top class ride comfort, engine extremely refined, better than Unicorn at high speeds, below 60 there was no difference between Unicorn CBZX and GSR but at high speeds things were different. Engine sound at stand still neutral and below 60 was best (by best I mean least and refined) in CBZX, at high speed not much of a gifference between UNI and GSR but GSR ride smoothness above 60 was impeccable, absolute butter, and I was blown away from GSR's 3rd gear variance or scope and pickup, 40 to 70 was a pleasure and even 70-95 was effortless (which quite lacked in FZ16 that I mentioned before) I could not go beyond 95. But I could feel the bike would easily do 115. I will test its limits
after the 1st service. So ride comfort was not at all a problem....my prime critaria met.
Then came the power, what else can I say better than FZ16 and CBZ, atleast in mid range speed bracket. less than RTR ofcourse.....I am not sure about P150. UNI does not even come in to the picture.
Milage 55-60 is what is claimed....I will verify that after a couple of weeks, but heck even if its like 50-55 what else can we expect from a 150CC bike. My Ambition used to struggle to give 45-50 with 135CC engine.
So millage criteria was met as well. Last was the Techno Equipped and GSR does not fail even in that. Best console I have seen in the current bikes.

*i40.tinypic.com/2lmoq6r.jpg

Comes with a neat digital speedometer and a shift over to two modes namely Power and Eco mode. Technically I don't think they have done anything to differentiate except that in ECO mode if you pull the throttle there is a controlled fuel flow and you wont get a peppy pickup at all gear shifts and there is an indicator that would let you know the best time to shift the gear.

This would obviously save fuel and you would not get a varoom pick. Power mode has no such indication and fuel flows with it full capacity. Apart from that, console displays fuel level, trip meter, time, and gear position. RPM indicator is kept analog which adds to the impressive design.

I think I have covered almost all aspects of the bike, and have given a decent comparision as well. As I said I will soon post some of my personal pics as well,and would keep updating the thread as and when Km increases...... till then any questions queries from people interested in this bike are most welcomed

Regards

Sam

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@sam- Long time no see ;) Very nice comparison and a good review :) Congrats on your new ride ;) What about the cost?

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
hey think about the new buell ?? twin spark i have a classic 350 standard old model :D
have u taken the trip?

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
oops I should have mentioned that...... On road price in ghaziabad (UP) was 62700. In delhi its 61900.....

Ok here are few real life picks for the bike.......

Few stright front and back view

*i43.tinypic.com/j6szl1.jpg *i44.tinypic.com/2lm5owg.jpg *i42.tinypic.com/2gugwlx.jpg

Side Views....

*i41.tinypic.com/bdmd5k.jpg

*i39.tinypic.com/2yz9zbb.jpg

*i43.tinypic.com/2lcqqnd.jpg

*i39.tinypic.com/300d0t1.jpg

*i42.tinypic.com/izmg78.jpg

Console View....

*i41.tinypic.com/2i7l08l.jpg

Tail Light...

*i40.tinypic.com/3338ymd.jpg

Misc,....

*i44.tinypic.com/2gu9vt1.jpg *i44.tinypic.com/sgojfs.jpg *i40.tinypic.com/250s9qv.jpg

Yesterday I went to office....60Km up down so had a long frist drive, experience......... Quite a few points that I noticed...........enjoy the snaps for now.......

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
hmm... it performance must be good but still lacks punch in looks.... and people will buy hunk and stunner for that price :(

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
hmm... it performance must be good but still lacks punch in looks.... and people will buy hunk and stunner for that price :(

Stunner!!!! you must be joking, if you had said FZ16 I still would have believed......stunner is 125CC Meow..... even caliber was better......just putting some looks itsnt the only thing that can make things apart......u got to have atleast some performance.....anyway google and read some reviews and real life experience ...... GSR is the best offering in this segment, best refined engine,.....even better than Unicorn and CBZX..... better mid range pickup then even FZ16 and technically all advanced.....all this and giving a milage which even a 125 CC struggle to give......

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The console looks cool :)

BTW there is no number on the no plate :shock:

Just watch the console at night...... you will fall in love with it.....

and its a new bike......what do u expect.....registration takes atleast a week....and anyhow I have requested to have my old number continued.....so it might take some time

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Surely it looks good. When I saw the ad on Tv I really liked it at first glance itself. Anyway, congrats on your new bike but remember don't wreck the bike before first service trying to pull off stunts and checking out the high speed. =p

utsav

damn busy...
dunno y suzuki bikes always hav front discs at the left side:? .discs looks cool on the right side only

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Stunner!!!! you must be joking, if you had said FZ16 I still would have believed......stunner is 125CC Meow..... even caliber was better......just putting some looks itsnt the only thing that can make things apart......u got to have atleast some performance.....anyway google and read some reviews and real life experience ...... GSR is the best offering in this segment, best refined engine,.....even better than Unicorn and CBZX..... better mid range pickup then even FZ16 and technically all advanced.....all this and giving a milage which even a 125 CC struggle to give......

it cost 60k so i said hunk and stunner sorry i forgot it is 125 cc.... when FZ16 comes in the game it will blow it apart.. first of all it looks only will blow it .... and when people buy a bike like that they don't give much damn about mileage and yamaha i think is more trustful then suzuki. FZ16 tires also blow this bike tires apart...

whatever this bike must be good .... but it is not better than FZ16 or apache in any case... the riding comfort in FZ16 is mind blowing... only flaw in FZ16 is it's speedometer...

this bike, Suzuki GS150R is definately a good bike with a refined engine and great performance. But a bike should never be judged only on the basis of mileage, speed and all. For people like me its more about the Feel while riding the bike, the passion in ur eyes when u look towards ur babe, in other words "Total Riding Experience." And on these grounds i must Say FZ16 blows any other bike to smitherens.

The riding comfort and handling is awesome for FZ16, even though i am a new rider, i always feel completely in control even at higher speeds. Nuthing beats the feeling of cutting through the traffic with the Finesse of a ballet dancer, or cutting corners with complete authorisation or having a real headturner as ur babe . Nope, Numbers can not ever do justice with the feeling of riding. And this is where FZ16 is wayyy ahead of the current competition.

P.S.: Sorry for being offtopic, but i was following this thread from the starting but cldnt control my fingers after krates' last post. Seems like a review of FZ16 is due from my side.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Lolwut? I agree with sam9s. Ride comfort is of utmost importance while purchasing a bike. Then comes smoothness of engine and mileage.

I dont give a rat ass for killer looks or what your babe will think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom