1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Helping out from Trojan Horse

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Kerry, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry

Kerry New Member

I've XP Home sys. with SP2. Recently, Trojan Horse had attacked my system n installed 5 of its files in Temp. Internet File. Well, I'd cleared all those files by the AVG Anti-virus (updated) and scanned again and found no virus in the system. But I found that my Windows Firewall and my I.E.6 has become inactive. In the Cont. Pan., I clicked Win Firwall icon& an error message,'Due to an unidentified reasons, windows firewall could not be opened' proped up.
    Would any one of you please help me to restore my system again, as normal System Restore function did not work what I've tried already. :cry:

2. JGuru

JGuru Well-Known Member

Forget about Windows firewall, it's very faulty &
    it doesn't have Intrusion Detection System. Use
    ZoneAlarm (www.zonelabs.com). ZoneAlarm is
    the world's best firewall.
    The Trojan horse is in your PC and it has deactivated the Windows firewall. Use ZoneAlarm
    instead.

3. ::vicky::

::vicky:: New Member

u must boot from the boot disk and scan at boot up there are several cd available for scanning the system for vius without installing

4. anandk

anandk Distinguished Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.