HELP!!!!@

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeeprao

Broken In
hi guys i need help(desperately)
lately my comps become crazy
i have a p4 1.7Ghz 128mb SDRAM(133) geforce4 mx 420(64mb)
i used to play most games like gta VC MOHAA etc.they used to work fine.
i stopped playing on the comp for abt 6 months due to my +2 boards.
now when i try to play GTA vc or any game for that matter my comp gets stuck.i have 2 OS's win 98 and xp.after restarting xp i get a mmsg"the sys has recoverd 4rm a serious error. and the error is caused due to my agp card.u guys got any soln for this???plz help me.

the second thing is that i got a 128mb sdram (133) but i cant use it due to some reason.as soon as i start win 98 i get the BSOD.can u guys solve this prob???? :cry:

swatkat

Technomancer
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer.
3. Click Properties.
4. On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click Settings.
5. In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.
6. For Paging file size for selected drive, click No Paging File, and then click Set.
7. Click Yes after the following warning appears:
If the paging file on volume X: has an initial size of less than xx megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?
(X is the drive letter and xx is the amount of RAM installed on your computer minus 1 megabyte.)
8. Click System Managed Size.
9. Click OK four times, and then restart the computer when you are prompted.
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317277
Also, install SP2 if you do not have it already.

For your second problem, can you boot into XP with that extra RAM in place? Do try this, after putting that extra RAM, go to BIOS and load "Default Settings" or "Optimum Settings".
If this does not solve your problem, check the RAM using it in other PC.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Remove your graphics card and RAM stick, clean the contacts and reinstall them, taking precautions against static charges. (Ask if you need more clarification regarding these).

Computer parts have very long shelf lives if they are kept in airtight packages. But once they are installed and therefore exposed to the environment, metal surfaces slowly become oxidised and improper contact may result in sockets.

This process is greatly slowed down when the hardware is in regular use, partly because the heat generated drives off moisture. But if it has been disused for a long time, it can cause a lot of problems especially in a damp and/or polluted environment.

OP
S

sandeeprao

Broken In
thanks guys the games work well after i cleaned my agp card and changed the virtual memory settings.but the ram still doesn't work.win xp boots even after fixing the new ram but when i play any game it just quits or gives a techincal error.i checked it on my friends pc(p3),it seems to work fine,i thought that there must be some prob with my existing ram chip so i changed that too but it still gives me the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom