Status
Not open for further replies.

indrajit

Journeyman
HElp me guys! I accidentally deleted a folder using"shift"+"del". I don't have any recovery s/w installed. Is it posible to recover it any how? :(

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@indrajit, see the links:
*www.pcworld.com/downloads/collection/0,collid,1295,00.asp
*aumha.org/a/recover.php

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First off, whenever something like this happens, immediately shut your computer down to prevent Windows or any other program overwriting the data. Get yourself a copy of one of the best freeware recovery software around, PC Inspector File Recovery

*www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

If the data is on another drive than Windows, you can safely try installing the software in your computer, then running it to recovery your data on the other drive. However if its on the same drive as Windows, the best thing to do would be to unplug your hard drive and take it to a friend's place, plug it in there, install the software on his computer and then recover the data. PCIFR will tell you if the data integrity is poor, fair or good, and that will translate into whether you will be able to recover your data or not.

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
Thanx to all you guys! Got my folder BACK! :D
Special thanx to enoonmai, pcinscector did the job!
Actually it was one of my rare mp3 folders. Would have been quite a tedious task to regain those songs....thanx a million times once again :D !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom