Status
Not open for further replies.

newbies

Broken In
OKAY... i messed up when installin linux ubuntu...

first i had two disk drive, one with windows and another one with nothin... then i decided to partition the one with nothing which was 55gb to 10gb so that i can install linux... but yaa... i tried to do stupid things like mountin and stuff like that... and the programme crashed... after that i gave up... so i switched back to windows where i don't see my third hard disk anymore... on the disk management it says UNALLOCATED... i have two of those.. one of em is 3 gb and another one is 4 gb... and the other one is 3gb which says free space...
so what should i DO??????????? HELPP

S

SE><IE

Boot with windows Xp CD, head up to the recovery console and type fixboot and FIXMBR

kikass

Broken In
yeah.. as i_kill said.. boot from a xp cd... goto the recovery console when it gives you the option... just type fixmbr and press enter... then you will be able to boot into xp directly without going through the bootloader (which linux would have installed)... this will solve the booting part only..

about your disks... UNALLOCATED means that no partition has been created in that space yet... so it is truely free.. in the computer management/disk management window just right click on those areas and select "create partition".... your comp will format and assign a letter to that space which you can then use..
and further if there are partitions there which are labelled "unknown type" of something like that (instead of NTFS or FAT32) it means that they have been formatted for linux... right click and delete them... and then create fresh partitions (same procedure as above)...
hope this helps

S

SE><IE

^^ I forgot to tell how allocate. Thanks for completing.
And yes...this will definitely

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N

newbies

Broken In
thnx for the help..
can u sove this

okay.. right now... my system is dual bootin os , xp pro and linux ubuntu 6.06, now i wanna add Mac OS X to my system... is their any consequences whatsoever??... linux is tough.... i can't even install a theme.. gives me freakin error hahaa.... yepp... so anywayz... give me some pro and cons about installin mac os x aka tiger on my pc...

my pc specs... 1.66ghz core duo, 2gb ram, 120 gb (now aorund 40), ati x1400... etc...

yep

S

SE><IE

It aint feasible d00d.
MACs run on Apple, Windows runs on PC. Officially...a "cross breed" will not work.

kikass

Broken In
where will you get a copy a of OS X86?? is it available in india???

as to whether it can be done, actually some people have made it work... the newer Mac OS X has a X86 version for running on intel pros but it is not supposed to work on PC's but only on Mac with intels... but some guyz have workarounds.. google for it...

here's one... *www.osx86.theplaceforitall.com/howto/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom