Help with TV Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitrz

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys :p

Hi I have a Dell Inspirion 6000 Laptop and have bought a Techcom 813 TV tuner card.

I have taken an analog cable connection ; now the issue is

1. Though in TV my neighbor get around 150 odd channels , I get only 18
  2. Of these 18 only 4 /5 channels has great picture quality rest are noisy (grainy) these channels seem ok in a TV.
  3. Thirdly when I select Scan all option in Tuner card software it Scan only upto 80 channels (125 is the limit for favorite channels)
  4. It does not catch all the channels & stores even non transmitting channels – which result in usage of only around 18 channels.
  5. First time I did an autoscan I got around 18 channels & few days later when I did another scan I lost few channels and got other channnels ( they are still in the TV)

Can some one advise me on whats happening ?

And

1)Is there a way to scan all the available channels without the auto scan stopping automatically when it reaches 80 odd

1. why are some channels clear while some are noisy (too grainy)
  2. If I take a DTH (digital connection ) will I face the same prob
  3. Or due to the presence of a Desktop/decoder Box of DTH provider I can watch all the channels ?
  4. Every time I start my Tuner software it comes in NTSC format ( which makes the Picture black & white) and every time i have to manually select it to Pal to get colour – however even after applying & saving the settings goes off every time I close the software.
  5. Lastrly I see a list of PAL option starting from PAL-B to maybe PAL-H – which one should I use ?

Dimitrz

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend, in remote control you have press scan button & leave a while. When scan is completed it will stop automatically. Now you will be able to get all those channel your neighbour do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom