Help With RADEON9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

saisrikar

Broken In
Hi,
My Computer system Info is :- (As per DirectX Diagnosis)

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: P4I45Gx_PE,
BIOS: Version 1.00
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 148MB used, 467MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
Motherboard : Mora-P4i45GV (Intel 845 chipset based)

I previously had a GeForce 256 32MB Card.
I recently Purchased a "PowerColour All in wonder ATI RADEOn9600 128MB card with 8X AGP Speed".
When i put it on my AGP Slot and Turn on the Computer, there was just a blank screen and again when i put my GeForce256 card on, everything was normal!!!!!!!
I tried all the things to get the card running, but failed!!
Just to make sure weather that if card has a prob. i gave it for testing on my freinds computer and it worked

He has a HP computer with a P4 HT CPu and a Intel 865 based Motherboard............and i have a Intel 845 chipset based Motherboard which also supports 8X AGP speed!!!!!!!!

How do i get the card runnin????
OR
Do i have to change my Motherboard or the whole system........................Please help!!!!!!

josh_nitb

Right off the assembly line
I think u have a very inferior motherboard for ur processor in terms of quality and features.I think u should update ur bios version with a patch available at a site www.downloads.3d.com(or something like that,to verify do a google search for downloads+nvhardpage ).It contains the drivers and patches of nearly all manufacturers including Mora .Happy hunting !

OP
S

saisrikar

Broken In
:(
Have u provided a wrong link or what???
What am i suppose to do with a nvidia ovecloacking program? I have a ATI!!!
and besides what can i overclock with able to run it???????

Please Guys help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ok...the problem seems to be ur motherboard. If it works on your friends PC then I am pretty sure it should work on urs as it supports AGP 8X. So I would try one of the following :

1) Make sure that your card is slotted in properly in the AGP slot. Make sure its pressed in fully (careful dont damage the mobo!!).

2) Your BIOS might need an upgrade. So try to get hold of the BIOS for your mobo.

If all else fails I suggest you replace you mobo. Talk to your dealer and explain to him the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom