Help with Photoshop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I am a very basic user of Photoshop 7 and wanted to know how can we extract a part of a picture. Sat for example I want to extract my picture from one of my prevailing photos and paste it on some other background, how can that be achieved. I tried tools like Magic Lasso, Magnatic Lasso etc and even appled the feather feature, but even then when I paste it on some other background, any one can make it out. The most difficult part is with hairs. I am attaching some pictures which I randomly found on net. Please guide me as to how can I exrtact them from their present backgroung and paste them to a new one without anyone coming to know about it.

*www.photoshopsupport.com/elements/tutorials/extract-hair/select-hair-start.jpg

*angelinajolie.celebden.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Angelina%20Jolie%20hair%20style.jpg

*www.imagecows.com/uploads/72db-Carrie_Underwood+Feb_2007.jpg

*i.pbase.com/u11/derrel/large/19715708.1980sChicHairstyle.jpg

Pleae also guide me if there is any better tool or software to do this other than Photoshop.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Best tool for this is Adobe cs3. In that there is a tool called quickselection. This tool is very fantastic. I am an amatueur as far as photoshop is concerned, but I was able extract my photos and insert them in other backgrounds without any trouble. This is one of the many new features that has become very popular. Not only quickselection is done, you can preview it on many types of backgrounds, and in the process make adjustments so that nobody will know that your pictures is manipulated.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Well there are many ways of doing selection in Photoshop.

1. Using Magic Wand tool(experiment with tolerance values) (Select the white background 1st apply, smoothen selection then delete it)
2. Using Background Eraser
3. Using Extract filter(good for hair removal)
4. Using Pen tool(creating paths)
5. Selecting using QuickMask mode(best but time consuming)
6. Using Select>Color Range Option

You can extract the object/person easily if the background is plain like the 1st and 2nd pic. 3rd pic has many different colors and shades in the background.

Read this article about removing the background: *graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/l/blrbps_1jet.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom