HELP with PC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwin_ka

Broken In
hey guys,i seem to have the following problems with my computer...

1)it randomly restarts since 2 days..havent installed any new programs or stuff...it happens only when iam running GTA:San Andreas..is it the prob due 2 any virus infection or h/w prob or the prob with the game?:mad:
Windows gives a message saying it has recovered from a serious error on randomly restarting...grafix card or RAM or PSU prob?:confused:

2)also Windows Live messenger works fine when offline..but as soon as i try to type in my name and password when online,it takes ages to show one character on the screen...wats it due 2?:shock:

3)also i got another problem...i cant access my Device Manager from My Computer icon on the desktop..Whenever i click on the Device Manager tab, it shows the error message:

MMC cannot open the file C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.esc.
This may be because the MMC file does not exist,is not an MMC console or was created by a later version of MMC.This Also may be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

4)also i cant use the search function..when i click on it,it says some file missing and just shows the animated character..but there are no columns or tabs to enter the names of files...iam really in need of help...

my specs are P4-2.8 Ghz,1 GB RAM,80 GB Hdd and 256MB nvidia 6200LE grafix..
Pls let me know the solutions to these problems...v have some highly rated ppl here...Vishal,if u r reading this,i would really appreciate ur help...I need help fast...
thanx a lot..

Last edited:

iceeeeman

Journeyman
dude heres da solution to ur probs :
a.Reguarding the restart 1 ..I think ur Graphic card is gettin too hot or ur processor ...use speed fan or Everest to monitor the temperature .Apply thermal paste on Heatstink ..I guess there isn't any virus in ur comp ...however scan it n lemme know ..........

b.Reguarding the second prob try uninstalling it n then install it again Hope tis works ..............

iceeeeman

Journeyman
ashwin_ka said:
3)also i got another problem...i cant access my Device Manager from My Computer icon on the desktop..Whenever i click on the Device Manager tab, it shows the error message:

MMC cannot open the file C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.esc.
This may be because the MMC file does not exist,is not an MMC console or was created by a later version of MMC.This Also may be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

Dude try scanning ur comp with :-

Trojan Scan:- *www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/

Panda:- *www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm

You may also scan ur computer using Antivirus Programs usin the latest Updates :)

You may also go to Run and then type "devmgmt.msc".w/o cotes (Device manager)
Hope this helps :)

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
ashwin_ka , did you look at Ravi's thread, it is a good idea so that we can get that BSOD (sounds bad) but very helpful and diagnosis of the error. What are the sepc for your PC, and when was the last time you ran a scan virus/trojan and what prog u used to do that. I take it you are using Media centre edition? try this linkl from MS
*support.microsoft.com/kb/914231

OP
A

ashwin_ka

Broken In
Liggy said:
ashwin_ka , did you look at Ravi's thread, it is a good idea so that we can get that BSOD (sounds bad) but very helpful and diagnosis of the error. What are the sepc for your PC, and when was the last time you ran a scan virus/trojan and what prog u used to do that. I take it you are using Media centre edition? try this linkl from MS
*support.microsoft.com/kb/914231

hey man,liggy rite now there is no restarting prob...cleaned out the insides of my system...its ok now..but the other problems persist..i did clean using the latest defs of nod32..it caught some Trojans and i did delete them..but did not delete the ones in the System Restore Information cos' i had a bad exp in my laptop the same way and i had 2 reinstall XP.pls let me know if there are any DLL files missing and how i can get them back..thanx a lot...

PS:Vishal,Where r u my frend?ur help really counts...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Do you have latest updates from microsoft.Get latest updates from microsoft website.

Turn off system restore-->>boot in safe menu and than do full scaning of ur system with one good updated antivirus and two good updated antispyware.

Hopefully ur problem will be solved.

To get back ur .dll files..I think there is only one option...restore ur system to bast know time.There may be any more method, but I know only one.

OP
A

ashwin_ka

Broken In
ashwin_ka said:
hey man,liggy rite now there is no restarting prob...cleaned out the insides of my system...its ok now..but the other problems persist..i did clean using the latest defs of nod32..it caught some Trojans and i did delete them..but did not delete the ones in the System Restore Information cos' i had a bad exp in my laptop the same way and i had 2 reinstall XP.pls let me know if there are any DLL files missing and how i can get them back..thanx a lot...

PS:Vishal,Where r u my frend?ur help really counts...

hey there liggy....thanx for the help man..that link really worked..all problems got solved in 1 go..thanx a lot...repped u...:D

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
If you dn't mind me askin, what BSOD error were yu getting, glad to see Microsoft does have solutions that work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom