help with compiz in hardy harron

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
recently i installed hardy with the help of wubi .g8 such a thing has never been thought of. but the problem is i was getting snapping windows out of the box but the advance desktop setting for compiz was not visible neither the close and open windows animation were visible .i uninstall ed everything in compiz and installed compiz and libpython library just by typing compiz config in synaptic .the problem now is i am getting advanced settings panel in preferences but no option for compiz is seen ,

how to rectify where i am going wrong and can anybody tell me what files of programs r installed with compiz .during gutsy days just insatlling COMPIZCONFIG SETTING MANAGER AND PYTHON COMPIZ CONFIG WAS ENOUGH TO GET THE EFFECTS AFTER INSTALLING RESTRICTED DRIVERS

Last edited:

sganesh

Journeyman
hi,
i also having same problem,"Desktop Effects could nt be enabled".my system configuration is AMD Athlon3200+,Asus motherboard,with VIA chipset for display,The biggest problem i predict that there r no driver or incompatible with
hardwares to enable compiz fusion.
Did any one who use via display chipset in motherboard worked in Compiz Fusion,Kindly give some ideas
Thans

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Asus motherboard,with VIA chipset for display,The biggest problem i predict that there r no driver or incompatible with
I doubt the onboard Via displays can support it. They did come out with drivers once as I recall gary4gar trying to use them. If I recall correctly it ended up in bigger problems than what he had when he started.

trublu

Ta da !
recently i installed hardy with the help of wubi .g8 such a thing has never been thought of. but the problem is i was getting snapping windows out of the box but the advance desktop setting for compiz was not visible neither the close and open windows animation were visible .i uninstall ed everything in compiz and installed compiz and libpython library just by typing compiz config in synaptic .the problem now is i am getting advanced settings panel in preferences but no option for compiz is seen ,

how to rectify where i am going wrong and can anybody tell me what files of programs r installed with compiz .during gutsy days just insatlling COMPIZCONFIG SETTING MANAGER AND PYTHON COMPIZ CONFIG WAS ENOUGH TO GET THE EFFECTS AFTER INSTALLING RESTRICTED DRIVERS
Same problem here.Even if I select some different level of visual effects(under the Visual Effects tab),there is no change.The only thing is that AWN is working alright.Compiz worked alright on my Gutsy installation.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Check these 2 topics

*www.howtoforge.net/compiz-fusion-ubuntu-8.04-nvidia-geforce-fx-5200

*www.howtoforge.net/compiz-fusion-ubuntu-8.04-ati-mobility-radeon-9200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom