help with a new pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftab_darogar

Right off the assembly line
i want to upgrade my old pc i have a PIII 650 MHz, 512 MB SDRAM, Windows 98 SE, NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro, KOB 815e TSFX motherboard, 52x CDROM(LG), LG CD Writer....i usually dont do much except surf, office documents and sometimes play a few games on my pc but now i think the old man needs to retire.........i wanna upgrade my system to a P4 just the processor, motherboard, Graphics card, RD RAM and maybe a DVD combo drive and windows XP home edition.... so that i dont need to upgrade for atleast 2-3 years again i.e. no major upgrades and i have a budget of 15,000/- to 20.000/-........ so suggest a good configaration plz..

e mail me of msg here

aftabdarogar@gmail.com

vandit

In the zone
go for p4 ht 2.4 ghz approx with asus p4p800 mobo. this will let u add aditional graphics card. better choose an asus graphics card for better compatibility(others may not show problems as such).. as for combo... I suggest u to keep ur writer and buy a dvd writer .. ( sony or liteon)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
if you go 4 PIV, then get Intel 915GAV motherboard, you may not need a separate grafix card unless you want to play the "very latest games" and no problem for years. It has PCIExpress slot, which gives you the option for upgrading after a year when Express cards will be very much cheaper.

These two together would cost you around 11-12k leaving you 8ks to invest in other devices. Also, try for a Process that has more cache (2MB is better than 1MB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom