help windows media player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

asr2syd

Right off the assembly line
hi
i am runing windows xp home, with service pack 2 , i have downloaded windows media player 10 and tried to install it . the set up runs fine but at the last screen it comes up it was not able complete windows media player 10 installation please run set up again .

i have tried to run the set up about 20 times no luck and even downloaded the copies of wma 10 from varios web sites no luck .

please help me as i have a mp3 player which cant work with wmp 10 .
any ideas or suggestions please

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
did u have windows media player 9 or some earlier version??/ i mean was any earlier version working??? and what mp3 player do u have??? does it necessarily require WMP10???

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Nemesis said:
did u have windows media player 9 or some earlier version??/ i mean was any earlier version working??? and what mp3 player do u have??? does it necessarily require WMP10???

Hey!!! WMP does not require any 3rd party libraries. It inclueds all its buggy files with its setup.

B.T.W. what error do u get on last screen of setup? Or if it just hangs, thats a value added service for proud microsoft customers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tech&ME

Banned
Well! Its seems that you have some sort of problem with the windows installer (which is a part of windows xp) please check the msiexec.exe file if this file is ok, u must be able to install wmp 10. Try to install WMP 9 first, if it installs correctly then u should be able to install WMP 10 ( no need to uninstall WMP 9 ) IF your msiexec.exe file is corrupted download it from the microsoft website, make sure you download the correct installer for your version of windows, since this installer was included with windows xp u will have some problem locating it on the website of microsoft.

aadipa

Padawan
try cleaning the temp files on your hdd

may be some files are in use by some other background process
close all applications while running setup

stop internet connection first

before installing wmp10,stop ur internet connection,then uninstall its data from program files,then run setup again,wmp10 will search for internet connection,then it will start installing,and still if it not working,use a safexp software make it possible,search in google,u will find there,but do what i said from the beggining,it will work,

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@theKonqueror: read carefully b4 posting.

he said mp3 player and i presume he meant a hardware player...there r tons of software players available....and who said anything abt 3rd party libraries????

i thought he wanted 2 say that he has an MP3 player that will work only with WMP10....

and he clearly stated the kind of error msg he gets....

the set up runs fine but at the last screen it comes up it was not able complete windows media player 10 installation please run set up again

allindrome

Journeyman
Actually I suppose he said that he has a mp3 player which can't work with WMP10.Instead of struggling with WMP10 I would suggest that he should uninstall the existing mp3 player and install Winamp Pro 5.08 for playing mp3.Atleast I have had no problems using WMP and Winamp together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom