Help! Vista and xp64 bit is not dual booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I installed Windows vista ultimate in C: drive which is my primary . This was a clean install .Previously i was using xp pro 32 bit . Now i decided to install xp64 bit to my H: drive which is a logical one . After installing xp64 booted bit no sign of vista . I had all my imp documents in vista .
Well i was terrified and activated ACRONICS OS SELECTOR but to my horror it also detected xp64bit as the only operating system . Fortunately i had made a recent ghost backup ( using a ms dos symentc ghost ) ,and used it to to load vista into a previous state .To my relief the Pc booted ,it showed a message that wrong system key ,press any key to continue ,then loaded vista .

But no sign of xp .Now if i nstall xp vista goes blank and vise versa .How can i dual boot.
Previously when xp was in primary and vista in logical ,the system perfectly dual booted ,and thr boot menu was of vista ,ie it told to boot from vista or previous version of windows .

What should i do?I need xp to play games but vista to do regular work . Please help

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
First of all you would have to install XP 64 Bit and then Vista.
As per Dual Boot requirements, it is recommended to install OSes as per their release dates, in the sense, in the order of their release.
Also I would recommend a 32 Bit Windows XP and 32 Bit Vista Dual Boot as
64 Bit XP has it own share of driver problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom