Help Urgent...Each RAM upgrade fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
My pc either crashes or fails to boot whenevever i try to upgrade its memory.
........First time when i installed a Infinity 256mb333mhz ram in addition to its default Hynix 128mb266mhz, it began crashing & crashing until i removed the newer one. I also checked with memtest to be incompatible.
........After few days, i again tried variety of upgrades, it didn't boot even for a minute.The brands which i tested were simmtronics, starline, vt etc. Hynix was not available there. Interestingly, they passed memtest.
.........Now it runs only with the default 128mb ram but without crashes.

CONFIG:
Intel P4 2.4GHz 533FSB 512kb L2 cache
Gigabyte 845GV motherboard
Award Modular Bios 6.00PG
Hynix 128mb DDR ram
80 GB Seagate HDD
VENDOR: HCL

mohit

The Hardware Labs
it is not uncommon for the system to crash and throw blue screens of death when u upgrade the memory ... did u try reinstalling windows after an upgrade ? also update all your drivers and flash ur bios to the latest version available. and does your system work fine with a single new memory module ?

Friends
No ram chip work alone.
I had tried infinity, vt & simmtronics ram chips
both with as well without hynix.......none worked.
Only hynix does. It works fine alone.
.................It had worked before even in combination of an infinity ram module but started crashing after a month. I tested the newer with memtest & it failed & i removed it. Then i tried a VT module it crashes within a week.
..................Now any new ram which is available fails within a few seconds. It doesn't crash but hangs on the 1st page itself....system just can't boot.
However hynix works with no trouble in both the slots.
.................I have formatted my hdd & reinstalled windows after each upgrade & every crash.
Is flashing bios not risky?

I just hate bule screens

Kniwor

Learner
power of the universe said:
Friends
No ram chip work alone.
I had tried infinity, vt & simmtronics ram chips
both with as well without hynix.......none worked.
Only hynix does. It works fine alone.
.................It had worked before even in combination of an infinity ram module but started crashing after a month. I tested the newer with memtest & it failed & i removed it. Then i tried a VT module it crashes within a week.
..................Now any new ram which is available fails within a few seconds. It doesn't crash but hangs on the 1st page itself....system just can't boot.
However hynix works with no trouble in both the slots.
.................I have formatted my hdd & reinstalled windows after each upgrade & every crash.
Is flashing bios not risky?

I just hate bule screens

Ok, then i need some more details, what is the speed of ur hynix, those ur trying to upgrade, and what is ur BIOS settings for ram speed, it could be that u are unknowingly overclocking ur ram, have u or anyone set anything manually in the BIOS.

Well
Speed of hynix is 266mhz.
My M/B supports 266/333mhz.
Those i tried were of 333mhz. I have tried them with & without hynix.
>>>>With hynix.................monitor displays upto the 1st boot screen....... on which 'Press Del To Enter Setup' appears.....that page........
.......but all twinkling like stars.......pc hangs..........nothing can be done except restarting machine.
>>>>Without hynix..............monitor displays nothing.
No one has set anything manually in my Bios. I haven't see Ram speed settings in Bios....i will have to check.......i guess it to be 266mhz

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
try to use only the 333 Mhz OR the 266 Mhz RAM modules... I think the different frequencies are causing a mismatch... (though this shud not happen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom