Help unstalling .Net Framework SDK Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilaymehta

Right off the assembly line
Help !

I made the mistake ages back of installing Microsoft .Net Framework SDK Beta v1.0.2204.

Since then, it doesn't run 'coz it was a Beta. Plus I can't upgrade it / install a fresh .Net Framework Redistributable / SDK since the fresh installer program detects the presence of this earlier Beta. The Uninstall Icon is disabled when I try to remove the Beta from 'Add/Remove Programs'.

There are programs I need to run that work only on .Net Framework, and I need to install it pronto.

I even tried renaming the folder in Windows directory, but it still senses the Beta. Then I got fed up and deleted the folders containing the framework. Still no use. Then I even went through the entire registry and removed everything that mentioned ".net" !

Still keeps detecting the beta.

Can anyone help me please ?

Regards,

Nilay

saROMan

QA Juggler
ouch.... .NEt is really a pane in the a** , wel u wud have suggested all the things u hav just mentioned ...try total uninstaller ...to uninstall...or else...same old way format c:

[deXter]

Journeyman
First of all, try to uninstall all existing versions of the sdk. After you
did that, open your registry and delete the following (if they exist)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
\{C9913503-1500-4454-94CD-365ADC1BB9B9}

Restart, and install the Framework.

*img62.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

( PS: Btw, I also posted the same reply at the 'other' place that you posted too ;) He and me are the same persons, only thing is I was called by that name even before I known as dexter.. That was my original nick- even before the net came to India :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom