HELP TUNE MY BITCOMET....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
i have just started using BitComet and i really dont have a clue about which settings are right for me....somebody in a post said that BitComet is really amazing if you know how to tune it properly (which i dont!!)....so people please help me to find the right setting for BitComet.....i am using a 512KB/sec sify connection (with avast! pro and zonealarm enabled)

stalin

Journeyman
hi buddy, what you really want to know about bitcoment, i'm using bitcoment for longtime. what is your problem with bitcoment

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
Following are my curent settings:-

:arrow:CONNECTION

1. Global Max Download Rate = No limit
    Global Max Upload Rate = 3 KB/s !!!
    Max Simuntaneous Tasks=50

:arrow:TASK

1. Max upload rate per task= 10KB/s
    Min upload rate per task= No limit
    Min upload rate per seeding task= 3KB/s

:arrow:ADVANCED

CONNECTION

1. Enable NAT/Firewall configuration in ICS/ICF <checked>
    Enable UPnP Port Mapping <checked>
    Remove Port on NAT/Firewall
    Max connections per task = Auto
    Connections to kepp per task = Auto
    Global Max Uploads slots = Auto
    Global min upload slots = Auto
    Socket Send Buffer Size = Auto
    Socket Start Buffer Size = Auto
    Socket Start Interval=300ms
    Max half open TCP connection=10
    Use NAT Traversal via UDP = AutoDetect

IP RULES

1. Max sessions per IP for downloading task=3
    Max sessions per IP for uploading task=1

mamba

In the zone
dude , on ur connection if its giving u 62-63KBps d/l speed , then its working perfectly fine . if it aint , then say so

increase ur global max upload rate 2 atleast 10kbps , wont hurt u . m using bitcomet myself on a 256Kbps sify connection . gives me a d/l speed of 30-31 KBps ( the max it should b giving ) . working fine 4 me

Charley

Just Do It
sahil_blues said:
i have just started using BitComet and i really dont have a clue about which settings are right for me....somebody in a post said that BitComet is really amazing if you know how to tune it properly (which i dont!!)....so people please help me to find the right setting for BitComet.....i am using a 512KB/sec sify connection (with avast! pro and zonealarm enabled)
]

Just let me know this why didnt u use Bittorrent instead of comet ?? Isnt it good ??

:)

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
achacko@dataone.in said:
Just let me know this why didnt u use Bittorrent instead of comet ?? Isnt it good ??

:)

actually i dont know the difference between the two....i just read the reviewes of some people saying that its good so I decided to give it a try...is BitTorrent better??

Charley

Just Do It
I really dont know abt it......

BTW how are the downloads working, is it fast ?? Do u have the option in music d/l to d/l the entire albums of bands/artists?

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
since ive updated my max upload speed to 10kbps, the upload speed just stays at 10kbps...not less not more....but the download speeds fluctuate a lot...from 5-25kbps....also since i ve just started using it i cant really tell you about downloading the entire albums....i wonder if you can.....but isnt this based on downloading torrents???.....i dont think that there are seperate torrents for the entire albums.....it has to be 1 song at a time...

Charley

Just Do It
Nope , i went to the torrent site today and searched for the music band i needed and they had a list of the albumns in it. I used bittorrent to download it.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
hey achacko....i went to download.com and searched for bittorrent...there i read a user review saying that bittorrent has too many donation signs....also it bundels a lot of spywares and adwares....it said bittornado, which is based on bittorrent as well, is a much better choice ....what do ya say??

Charley

Just Do It
Well according to the tutorial here , it says BITORRENT is gud and its fast. I really cant compare those 2. Hope we get some more users opinions.

mamba

In the zone
reasons 4 using bitcomet over bittorrent -

got a nice GUI

has customizable options

its as fast as the plain bittorent , the speeds depend on the tracker . my suggestion , stick with it

most torrent sites offer whole albums , not single tracks . in bitcomet , u can choose the content within the file being d/l-ed . eg . u r d/l-ing an album of say 20 songs , out of which 5-6 u dont like , wanna **** on them . in bitcomet , u can un-select those particular 1z n they wont b d/l-ed

mamba

In the zone
btw , which connection frm sify r u using ??
havnt heard of a 512 kbps connection frm sify , even checked out there site . isnt there

tell me how 2 get 1 , me 2 in delhi

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
mamba said:
btw , which connection frm sify r u using ??
havnt heard of a 512 kbps connection frm sify , even checked out there site . isnt there

tell me how 2 get 1 , me 2 in delhi

i know there isnt...the thing is that i had a 128 kbps night unlimited pack....but it wasnt working due to some problem....so my cable operator has given me some backup line direct from the sify server for 2-3 weeks.. :D :D ..i dont need to use the sify dialer to access the internet...its just there as soon as i start the computer....and also its full day unlimited download!!! :D :D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Dude, dont really take seriously what others say.

The Four top clients that I've used and liked are BitComet, torrentopia, BitTornado and ABC.
I guess the best way to find out the best client for you would be to try out each for a week or so and see which one has features/Interface that you like and runs well on your system. Why I say that you should try them out yourself is because for some reason some clients perform better on some systems than others, an example is Azureus, it runs perfectly well on my friend's PC but when I run it on mine it slows down the system. However I've known BitComet to perform better on most sytems and not using too many resources hence system doesn't slack.
Also one client may have feature(s) that may be more handy to you than other clients so its best if you try them all out and decide. For example I personally Like ABC's web interface, meaning you can add/control your torrents over the web which is handy if you're away from the PC...and its easy to setup and use(BitComet also has it but it takes some basic coding to get it working)...

So Take these things in account:
1. System resource
2. Interface u r comfortable with
3. Better speeds.

I find Bit tornado 0.3.10 better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom