HELP!!! Spilt Tea On DVDRW Tray :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
i did a very clumsy thing by spilling a bit of tea on the open DVD tray of my computer. :( Luckily only a few drops splashed inside the case. :? I tried to run a disk and it made strange noises. I immediately shut down the pc. And allowed it to dry, even fanned it with a book. After ~15 mins i switched on the PC and windows xp showed a popup saying it had recovered from a serious error. I have kept the tray open till now, without inserting any disc again.

Now what should I do?
Its BENQ DW1650. Should i put a disc and try if it works or should i wait some more time?

slugger

Banned
if u wan 2 b sure, den u cud open d case and check if anythin looks wet or sumthin

d serious error message dat u get is related 2 pagefile dumping and AFAIK is not related 2 ur tea party:D
d soln 2 d error message can b found here

btw Y D HELL U PUT D TRAY BACK IN W/O CLEANING D TEA FROM D TRAY

janitha

Wise Old Owl
It will be wise to have the drive opened and cleaned since using a cleaning disk will clean only the lens.

OP
pannaguma

pannaguma

Turn The Page
slugger said:
d serious error message dat u get is related 2 pagefile dumping and AFAIK is not related 2 ur tea party:D
no man i shut down the pc normally.

slugger said:
btw Y D HELL U PUT D TRAY BACK IN W/O CLEANING D TEA FROM D TRAY
where did i post that i didnt clean the tray? i actually didnt realise for the first few minute that the tea went inside. only after cleaning and drying the outside tray, did i realise that there was some golden fluid (it showed in contrast to the white plastic). So i shut down the pc (to avoid short circuiting of dvdrw) and soaked the tea (couple of droplets) with an ear bud.

janitha said:
It will be wise to have the drive opened and cleaned since using a cleaning disk will clean only the lens.
i dont have any experience in opening optical drives. anyway it wouldnt have reached the lens. only two droplets on the front portion.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
pannaguma said:
no man i shut down the pc normally.

where did i post that i didnt clean the tray? i actually didnt realise for the first few minute that the tea went inside. only after cleaning and drying the outside tray, did i realise that there was some golden fluid (it showed in contrast to the white plastic). So i shut down the pc (to avoid short circuiting of dvdrw) and soaked the tea (couple of droplets) with an ear bud.

i dont have any experience in opening optical drives. anyway it wouldnt have reached the lens. only two droplets on the front portion.

It is not only the lens which can be affected. There are lot of movement mechanisms like sliders, plastic gears etc. If you are sure that tea has entered inside, get it opened and cleaned by a technician. Time ~15 minutes and cost ~Rs.100/-. If you intend to do so, operate it only afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom