HELP: SONY DVD RW DW-G120A is not supporting MoserBaer DVDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys!

I got SONY DVD RW DW-G120A DVD Writer yesterday!
But I faced one strange problem!
Its writing local DVD w/o ne problem but whenever I try to write MoserBaer DVD, its giving ERROR:

Illegal Disc

*img219.imageshack.us/img219/2055/newpicture1vv.jpg

What can be the reason behind the problem? :?:
Is the problem in the DVD Writer itself or Sony DVD Writer doesnt support MoserBaer DVDs? :!:

Pls help me guys, I'm very disappointed with this Writer... :cry:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
unvisible said:
Just a feedback:

Sony DVD writers suck

Liteon rocks

dude nobody asked for your opinion here. instead of solving his problem you are giving him feedback .. well please dont simply post for the heck of it man. why dont u stick to the topic ??

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
drvarunmehta said:
unvisible said:
Just a feedback:

Sony DVD writers suck

Liteon rocks
Haha, the jokes on you buddy. Sony's nothing but a rebadged Liteon.

lol , drvarunmehta is right . Sony and liteon are same ppl use liteon firmware updates on their sony drives and vice versa.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@unvisible: You are already on a warning. If you make useless posts such as the one you made here, that Warning can and will be changed into a permanent ban so please watch what you say.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
lol! everyone posting about unvisible's comments, someone look into vishal's problem! ;)

hey vishal, its the first time i'm seeing this problem till today all i've faced is that samsung drives produce coasters wid moserbaer cdr/rws. try a firmware update if you can. cdfreaks.com should be it i guess. hafnt hit on this site for quite sometime now.

U

unvisible

drvarunmehta said:
Sony's nothing but a rebadged Liteon.

SOny's nothing but a **** copy of Liteon.In most of the forums I found posts which says SOny had many problems .

ANd @ vishal

DOnt use Moserbaer Media they suck.Use SOny optical media always.

And use Deepburner instead of Nero .
*www.deepburner.com/

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Very few people have had problems with Sony drives. Which forums are you talking about?

MoserBaer is one of the best and most reliable makers of optical media.
And for your kind information, Sony dosen't make optical media. They source it from MoserBaer, put their own name on it and charge a premium.

What makes this Deepburner better than Nero? No one has even heard of it. Nero rocks. Why do you think all drives come bundled with Nero rather than other software?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey vishal i just got this same dvd-rw for myself an hour back and i got moser baer pro dvd's for myself .. i burned a dvd and i did not face any probs buddy .. maybe your writer is defective. i am using nero 7.

i am posting a screenshot to make u beleive that i am using the same dvd-rw i.e SONY DVD RW DW-G120A .

see this,
*img138.imageshack.us/img138/8659/untitled3uk.th.jpg

btw does anybody know from where can i download the latest firmware for this drive ??

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx guys!

@infra_red_dude
thnx buddy!

I also found the same site while googling yesterday and didnt find ne firmware upgrade for this model!

I think its new and there is no upgrade for it...

[EDIT]

@mohit
I'm surprised man!

Why its not working for me?
All other medias r working fine but not MoserBaer!

And I also searched on net and found many reviews about the same that MoserBaer media doesnt work for this model!

I'm using Nero 6. May be thats the reason behind this problem!
I'll try Nero 7 asap.

[/EDIT]

mohit

The Hardware Labs
and vishal do confirm if you are using Moser Baer DVD-R or DVD+R ??? I am using DVD-R 8X and it is working perfectly.

tarey_g said:
drvarunmehta said:
unvisible said:
Just a feedback:

Sony DVD writers suck

Liteon rocks
Haha, the jokes on you buddy. Sony's nothing but a rebadged Liteon.

lol , drvarunmehta is right . Sony and liteon are same ppl use liteon firmware updates on their sony drives and vice versa.

Not true in all cases. I own a Sony DRU 810A which is Benq DW 1640 rebadged. I've crossflashed it to a BenQ so I can run BenQ QSuite.

To the original poster - you have just come across a bad(rejects)/fake/incompatible batch of discs. It's time to dump them and move on. Cut your losses, and be wary of what you get and where you get it from next time. OR, if you're lucky you could sell them to some sucker. Also, they may work fine in another drive.

-Keith

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@mohit
Mine was also DVD-R 8x Disc...

@Keith Sebastian
First I also thought the same and then I purchased nother MoserBaer DVD from other shop, but the result was same!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
This time, buy from another shop. Also try burning these discs with another burner. If nothing else works, move on to DVD+R's.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@vishal
did u try burning the moser baer dvd's using nero 7 ?? i dont think the fault lies with the media.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@drvarunmehta
As I mentioned in my last post, I purchased the other DVD from different shop but no benefit!

@mohit
I don't hv Nero7 but I'm currently d/l ing it and will post the result asap...

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I d/l ed Nero 7 from net and the result was same!

My DVD Writer still giving same ERROR for MoserBaer disc.

All other medias, like Sony, Samsung r working fine but the problem is only with MoserBaer DVDs...

@mohit
can u pls tell me the firmware version of ur DVD writer?
mine saying MYS1...

phatratt

In the zone
Vishal Gupta said:
All other medias, like Sony, Samsung r working fine but the problem is only with MoserBaer DVDs...

@mohit
can u pls tell me the firmware version of ur DVD writer?
mine saying MYS1...

you must have bought a bad/defective batch of madia.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@vishal
the firmware of my drive is MYS2 .. looks like u need a firmware upgrade dude. but i could not find any firmware upgrades for this model even after a lot of searching and i am just lucky that i got the drive with updated firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom