Help Sify broadband Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
Ok I think Sifybroadband client 2.7 has relesed... so When I log in it opens internet explorer and opens its sify homepage...... but I want tht to be opened in firefox browser.... I have also seted firefox as my default browser but no solution...... hey deleting iexplore.exe in its folder & pasting mozilla firefox sortcut and renaming to iexplore.exe also does not solve the probb......

So I want when I log in my homepage to be opened in firefox...... So do u know post ur solution in here....... please... internet Explorer SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!

cancer10

ClubHost.in
pirates1323 said:
Ok I think Sifybroadband client 2.7 has relesed... so When I log in it opens internet explorer and opens its sify homepage...... but I want tht to be opened in firefox browser.... I have also seted firefox as my default browser but no solution...... hey deleting iexplore.exe in its folder & pasting mozilla firefox sortcut and renaming to iexplore.exe also does not solve the probb......

So I want when I log in my homepage to be opened in firefox...... So do u know post ur solution in here....... please... internet Explorer SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!

Did u called the customer care?

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
cancer10 said:

Wht customer care ....... there's no major prob... I only want tht when I log in instead of I.E .... I want firfox to start .... thts it.....

cancer10

ClubHost.in
pirates1323 said:
cancer10 said:

Wht customer care ....... there's no major prob... I only want tht when I log in instead of I.E .... I want firfox to start .... thts it.....

That cannot be done, because the sify client has been made that way, it uses the windows shell command to open the windows default browser i.e IE, you don't have any other choice but to close that window immediately when it opens.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hi!

The only solution is DONT USE SIFY CLIENT!!!
It sucks big time! And is very resource hungry too! Try SuperSify (I use it) or EasySify (Very good features). Google for them. If u have some problem, ill help u!

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
about these alternate Dialers
Ive tried these dialers
they somehow have problems disconnecting you from the sify servers and if this happens
i.e it does not disconnect you properly and
and after a while you if try to relogin
youd get a "already logged in" error
now god forbid all you can do is SULK and sit by the phone calling the sify customer care
numbers all day to tell them to make them disconect you from thier servers
so heck move your lazy hand a bit and close that damn I.E
and save yourself from all this wrath

krrrish

Broken In
techno_funky said:
Ive tried these dialers
they somehow have problems disconnecting you from the sify servers and if this happens
now god forbid all you can do is SULK and sit by the phone calling the sify customer care

it has become my reflex action to close IE first and then start the gr8 opera . there is no other way .. at least i dont know of any .

i have sify........... it opens firefox automatically....... and we can uninstall IE na....... frm add remove windows components......... correct me ppl if i`m wrong coz i had done tht earlier

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I ll tell u what -- Sify ppl are morons they asked me to install the Windows client on Linux IMAGINE A.exe FILE ON LINUX HAHAAHA

And after since I installed 2.7 version I was having problems logging out and I am dead frightenend since my dad has imposed an allownce cut which means from July I shift to their cheapest Limited plan and If I can not logout properly I will roast the entire limit in one day and I think its stupid to call the Sify ppl every time u want to logout since their toll free no is always engaged (Even at at 4 in morning:-S) so i ve just dloaded Easy Sify Its working nice as I have tried it only 4 or 5 times and have no probs logging out

Hope all goes well

Yup 1 day in All seems well
:lol:[/quote]

NikhilVerma

Padawan
techno_funky said:
Ive tried these dialers

Strange..... I never had any such problems.....

cancer10

ClubHost.in
mad_psychic_bastard said:
abaaaa........... jus uninstall IE na......... if u dont like it nd dont use it....... go ahead

Uninstall IE???? did you know that without IE, none of your browsers( like fireforx, opera etc) will work.

drvarunmehta said:
I hate these SOB software makers who assume that everyone uses only Internet Explorer.

They don't have any other choice.

mad_psychic_bastard said:
i have sify........... it opens firefox automatically....... and we can uninstall IE na....... frm add remove windows components......... correct me ppl if i`m wrong coz i had done tht earlier

Yes you can uninstall IE only if you have installed it seperately (after installing windows)

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
tht supersify, EasySify-Ver2 also not worked .... I think there should be a registry tweak such tht when I click login it opens other browser instead of I.E..

cancer10 said:
you don't have any other choice but to close that window immediately when it opens.

tht sucks :evil: :evil:

plasmafire

Journeyman
there is no tweak.. use easy sify like me...very low on resources..supersify is even better but i like a GUI. heh heh.. even made a few 'adjustments' to easysify..heh heh

cancer10

ClubHost.in
plasmafire said:
there is no tweak.. use easy sify like me...very low on resources..supersify is even better but i like a GUI. heh heh.. even made a few 'adjustments' to easysify..heh heh

Easy sify does not work 4 me :(

FasTrack

Journeyman
Interesting Thread.

Well Im also a Broadband user of Sify and yes its quite a pain cos even i use Firefox and well I dont think its such a big problem.

Only the first window is I.E and the rest of all are FireFox, thats it, I just use it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom