HELP setting up Local Web Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Hello guyz...

I am trying to setup a forum which should be accessible by all the people in my network (LAN). I have installed WAMP and my localhost is working fine. When i fire my IP address on other system in my LAN, it shows up APACHE server page..

*172.16.5.92 - works fine...

I have installed forum in a seperate directory placed in the root directory. This directory is also being displayed under projects list in the above page. But, when i access the forum page from other's computer, its throwing an error.

*172.16.5.92/forum/ - dont work :(

Any one has any idea of what is wrong with this??

for forum information, i dont have any idea.... but for setting hub, find info below...

To host ur Hub,

1.Download ptokax server from *www.ptokax.org/downloads.html
extract d contents.
Leave the default settings except those mentioned below.

2.Type in ur ip address in "Hub Address(IP or Hostname)"
u can get ur ip by Start->Run->command->ipconfig
Check Autostart option,remove the default string (dreamland.gotdns.org) from the register address
Do other "fancy" things u want like Hubname,Description n all

3.Set d rules under Rules Tab like MinShare,Minslots..

4.Under option Tab,check "Enable tray icon" and "Minimize on startup"

4.Configure ur firewall(if any).

5.Press "Start hub" button under Network n u have done it.

6.Post ur ip in dis section

cmon ppl,lets make it 24x7 sharin hub

NucleusKore

TheSaint
What error message are you getting? The first page of your forum should be named index.htm/index.html
else you will get a directory listing denied error
Alternatively you can specify a different page default in your server configuration, or try using the full url.

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
I mean to say.. default home page works fine.. but the index.php file in the forum folder is not working in other's comp while it works fine in my system.

please clarify me one thing.. do i have to install any additional software like proxy server for hosting the site in my LAN? or.. should i make any other configurations in my frend's system to access pages from my system?

champ_rock

champ_rock
have u tried to change the permissions.. change the permissions of the files under the forum folder to " read, execute" by all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom