Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

I have 2 Queries for you all.

1) Is that possible to Block Yahoo Messenger without blocking the Yahoo Website and if they have blocked yahoo messenger then now can we crack it.

and

2) if we have forget the XP password is their any other alternative to loggin without loggin into Administration account.

Thanks in Advance

Kunal

legolas

Padawan
*www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#forgot_password
try this if it helps you regarding your second issue.

and I dont understand your first question. Do you need to use yahoo messenger which is blocked??

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
*www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#forgot_password
try this if it helps you regarding your second issue.

and I dont understand your first question. Do you need to use yahoo messenger which is blocked??

question was simple. i wated to know can System Admin blocked the Yahoo Messenger without blocking yahoo website

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
go to the preference of yahoo msngr, set it a proxy for the conection, msngr will swearch for a proxy & unable to login, while yahoo will work on its own

Yes it is possible to block only yahoo messenger...messenger and yahoo websites are 2 different things..messenger is a chat client and for that u will have separate firewall and proxy rules.. going to yahoo website is simple browsing.if its address is not specifically blocked, then u can browser it like any other website.

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
Yes it is possible to block only yahoo messenger...messenger and yahoo websites are 2 different things..messenger is a chat client and for that u will have separate firewall and proxy rules.. going to yahoo website is simple browsing.if its address is not specifically blocked, then u can browser it like any other website.

Thanks for your information and is thier anyway to break that and browse yahoo messenger as we have proxy website for our websites

easy way...
Use Meebo or Yahoo Web Messenger.
tough way.. find the proxy settings of ur network and feed the same in yahoo messenger's connection settings.

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
easy way...
Use Meebo or Yahoo Web Messenger.
tough way.. find the proxy settings of ur network and feed the same in yahoo messenger's connection settings.

I know about this Meebo, Ebuddy and i also know other software like trillian etc.

but just wanted to know if can crack that proxy or not.

now the thing is they have unblocked the yahoo messenger and they have kept firewall. our yahoo messenger gets disconnect every 15 mintues
i dont know why.

I dnt think this disconnection is due to firewall..
Coz if firewall has been configured to bolck messenger then it wud block it all the times...not disconnect it once in a while...try selecting the "Firewall with no proxies " option in messenger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom